Anita Kumari, Y.K. Gupta
firstname.lastname@example.org. email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Anita Kumari1, Y.K. Gupta2*
1Research Scholar, Department of Chemistry, Shri Jagdishprasad Jhabarmal Tibrewala University,
Jhunjhunu, Churu Road, Vidyanagari, Chudela, Rajasthan 333001, India.
2Head Department of Chemistry, B K Birla Institute of Engineering and Technology, Pilani, Rajasthan.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2022
In Present Paper the Physicochemical Studies of ground water of Chirawa, Buhana and Surajgarh tehsil of Jhunjhunu district have been studied. Water samples from the ground water of villages, colonies, school, hospitals and railway station were collected and analysed for physico- chemical parameters like ammonia, alkalinity, pH, electrical conductivity, turbidity, TDS, Total hardness, and concentration of ions like chloride, fluoride, nitrate, sulphate, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, some heavy metal like as Mn and Fe. It has been observed that all parameters were found within desirable limit compared to BIS, but fluoride, potassium, and sodium values are higher compared to WHO. The interesting fact that phosphorus, iron and manganese were not found in any ground water samples. Only fluoride, potassium and sodium are making ground water unfit for drinking.
Cite this article:
Anita Kumari, Y.K. Gupta. Physico-Chemical Studies of Ground Water Quality of Chirawa, Buhana and Surajgarh Tehsil of Jhunjhunu District. Rajasthan (With Special Reference to Fluoride). Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(4):1823-6. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00306
Anita Kumari, Y.K. Gupta. Physico-Chemical Studies of Ground Water Quality of Chirawa, Buhana and Surajgarh Tehsil of Jhunjhunu District. Rajasthan (With Special Reference to Fluoride). Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(4):1823-6. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00306 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-4-72
1. Saini Anil kumar, Alka, Gupta Yogesh Kumar. Water Quality Analysis of Singhana in Buhana Tehsil of Jhunjhunu District (Rajasthan). International Journal of Renewable Energy Exchange (Rex Journal). 2017, Vol. 4 Issue 03, pp 265-267.
2. Kumari Babita , Gupta Y.K. A Comprehensive review report on assessment of ground water quality in jhunjhunu district of Rajasthan, India, focus on fluoride. Asian J. of Research in Chemistry. 2015. Vol. 08, issue 11, pp 701-707.
3. Basanta K. Assessment of ground water quality in Kokrajhar district of Bodoland territorial council, Assam, India. Int. J. Chem. Sci, 2012, 10(2), 1067-107.
4. Bhavana C. Analysis of bore wells drinking water in Vidisha, M.P. Int. J. Chem. Sci. 2011, 9(2), 845-848.
5. Boob.S.D. Study on quality of underground water and around Amravati, Maharashtra India. Sci. Revs. Chem. Comm. 2018, 2(3), 237-239.
6. Saini Anil Kumar, Alka, Gupta Yogesh Kumar. Water Quality Analysis of Singhana in Buhana Tehsil of Jhunjhunu District (Rajasthan). International Journal of Renewable Energy Exchange (Rex Journal). 2017, Vol. 4 Issue 04, pp 345-347.
7. Kaushik et al . J. of Hazardous Material. 2019, 164: 265-270.
8. Prasad Mahavir. Geochemical studies of fluoride & other water quality parameter of ground water of Sikar Dist. Rajasthan. Int J Chem Sci. 2017, 5(2)623-629.
9. Kumari Babita, Gupta Y.K. Physico-Chemical Characteristics of Underground water Quality of some villages of Jhunjhunu District of Rajasthan, India. International Journal of Research in Chemistry and Environment. 2015 Vol. 05, issue 04, pp 95-102.
10. Meena.K.S. The Problem of Hardness in ground water of Deoli Tehsil, Tonk District, Rahjasthan. J. Curr. Chem. Phar, Sci, 2012, 2(1), 50-54.
11. Mitharwal and Angasaria et al. Rasayan J. Chem. 2009, Vol. 2, issue 2, 920-923.
12. Kumari Babita, Y.K. Gupta Y.K. Stastical Assessment of Ground water Quality using Physico- Chemical Parameters in Jhunjhunu District of Rajasthan, India. Research J. Science and Tech. 2015, Vol. 07, issue 04, pp 217-222.
13. Ramakrishan et al. E-Journals of Chemistry. 2009, 529-530.
14. Sahni and Yadav et al. Asian J. Exp. Sci. 2012, Vol 2 no. 1: 61-64.
15. Sandeep M. Study of Fluoride contamination in ground water of Manawa area of Jhunjhunu district Rajasthan –The heritage city of Shekhawati. Int. J. Chem. Sci, 2019, 9(2), 751- 756.
16. Sayeswara. H. A. Water quality evaluation and phytoplankton diversity of hosahalli pond, shivamogga, Karnataka, India. Int. J. Chem. Sci 2017, 9(2), 805- 815.
17. Sekar et al. J. of Env. Bio. 2010, 31: 265-272.
18. Shiddamallayya et al. J. of Env. Bio. 2008, 29(3): 303-308.
19. Sen Sujata et al. Int. J. of Chem. and Tech. Research. 2011, Vol. 3 no.4: 1802-1807.