Lavanya Latha Reddy K., Sowjanya T., Bandhavi P., Raveendranath T., R.B. Desireddy, Naga Sowjanya G.
Lavanya Latha Reddy K. 1*, Sowjanya T. 1, Bandhavi P. 1, Raveendranath T.2, R.B. Desireddy1, Naga Sowjanya G. 1
1Nalanda Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kantepudi, Sattenapalli.
2Narasaraopet Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Yellamanda, Narasaraopet.
Volume - 5,
Issue - 10,
Year - 2012
A new Ultra-violet Spectroscopic method was developed and validated for the determination of amlodipine besylate in tablet dosage form. The sample was analysed using methanol buffer. The λmax values for amlodipine besylate in the solvent medium was found to be 281 nm. The system obey Beer’s law and shows linearity in the range of 5-30µg/ml.% Recovery studies, Intra-day and interday precision were found to be 98.8%,99.98% and 99.99%. No interference was observed from common tablet adjuvants. The changes in the λmax values (Physical parameter) for amlodipine besylate was evaluated as for stability study. The method was successfully applied to the assay of amlodipine besylate in tablet formulation. The proposed method is fast, accurate and precise for the determination of amlodipine besylate for routine quality control of tablets.
Cite this article:
Lavanya Latha Reddy K., Sowjanya T., Bandhavi P., Raveendranath T., R.B. Desireddy, Naga Sowjanya G. Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric Method for Estimation of Amlodipine Besylate in Tablet Dosage Form. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 5(10): October 2012; Page 1320-1323.
Lavanya Latha Reddy K., Sowjanya T., Bandhavi P., Raveendranath T., R.B. Desireddy, Naga Sowjanya G. Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric Method for Estimation of Amlodipine Besylate in Tablet Dosage Form. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 5(10): October 2012; Page 1320-1323. Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2012-5-10-8
1. ANDAs. International Conference on Harmonization, Guidance for Industry, November 1999.
2. Michael E. Swartz and Ira S. Krill. Analytical method development and validation. Prentice-hall of India Private Limited, New Delhi.1992; 3rd Ed.
3. 3. Manfed E. Wolff. Burger’s Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery: Therapeutic Agent. John Willy and Sons, INC, New York.1997; Vol 5, 5th Ed.
4. Tripathi KD. Essentials of Medicinal Pharmacology. Jeypee Brothers Medicinal Publication (P) Ltd, New Delhi. 2003;5th Ed.
5. David A Williams and Thomas L Lem Ke. Foyes`s Principle of Medicinal Chemistry. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia.2002;5th ed.
6. Goodman and Gilman’s. The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, edited by Joel G Hardman and LE Limbird. McGraw-Hall, Medicinal Publication Division, New York.2001; 10th Ed.
7. Vogel’s. Textbook of Quantitative Chemical Analysis, ELBS.1989; 5th Ed.
8. Vogel’s. Textbook of Practical Organic Chemistry, ELBS.2004; 5th ed.
9. Dr.S,Ravi Sankar., Textbook of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2006; 3rd Ed.
10. Dhake AS, Kasture VS and Syed MR. Spectrophotometric method for simultaneous estimation of Amlodipine Besylate and Enalpril Mealeate in tablets. Indian Drugs. 39(1); 2002; 14-17.
11. Vadivelan.R. A new analytical method/s for cardiovascular drugs- Amlodipine and Atenolol by using direct U.V Multi-component analytical Method. IJPER. 29(1); 2005; 6-25.
12. Priyanka R Patil and et al. Simultaneous U.V spectrometric method for estimation of losartan potassium and amlodipine besylate in tablet dosage form by using methanol as common solvent BJPS.12(3); 2002;4-6.
13. Anandkumari HP and Ranjani Giridhar. A Spectrophotometric method for the Determination of Amlodipine Besylate in pure form and in tablets. Indian Drugs. 39(4);2002;204-8.
14. Meyyanathan SN, Jose Joel, Sanu Scaria, Sowmya S and Suresh B. Simple Spectrophotometric analysis of Amlodipine Besylate. Indian Drugs. 35(5); 1993; 296-7.
15. Sukhdev Singh and Ravi Jain. Simultaneous Spectrophotometric determination of Atenolol and Amlodipine besylate from dosage forms. Indian Drugs. 34(11); 1997; 678-9.
16. Satyajit Erram and Tipnis HP. Simultaneous estimation of Pindolol and Hydrochlorithizide from tablets by RP-HPLC. Indian Drugs. 29(14); 1992; 351-354.
17. Nirmala S Bharathi, Prakash MS, Nagarajan M and Ashok Kumar K.Spectrophotometric determination of Nimodipine and its Formulations. Indian Drugs. 36(10); 1999;661-2.
18. Roa JR, Kadam SS, Mahadik KR. Reverse phase HPLC determination of Amlodipine and Benazepril HCl in tablets. Indian Drugs. 39(7); 2002; 378-81.
19. Mahadik KR, Agerwal H, Kaul N. Simultaneous estimation of Amlodipine Besylate and Losartan Potassium in Tablet Dosage Form. Indian Drugs. 41(1); 2004;32-35.