Raju Kundavaram, M. Gayathri Devi, B. Siva Kumar, T. Archana, M. Gowri Manoja, J. Naga Sai Kumar
Email ID Not Available
Raju Kundavaram1*, M. Gayathri Devi1, B. Siva Kumar2, T. Archana3, M. Gowri Manoja4, Dr. J. Naga Sai Kumar5
1Assistant Professor, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Karnataka College of Pharmacy, Bangalore.
2Creative Educational Society College of Pharmacy, Chinna Tekuru, Andhra Pradesh.
3Assistant Professor, Pharmaceutics, Karnataka College of Pharmacy, Bangalore.
4Assistant Professor, Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance, Anurag Group of Institutions, Hyderabad.
5Assistant Professor, Pharmacy Practice, Karnataka College of Pharmacy, Bangalore.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 12,
Year - 2020
In the present work Indole and substituted glycolic acid have been chosen as starting materials. These are broad class of chemical compounds, with many important pharmacological properties. Because of ease of reaction with electrophiles, indole is widely used in various pharmaceutical preparations. The present investigation was concerned with synthesis of some novel 3-substituted indole derivatives with objective of discovery novel and potent analgesic, anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant agents. These compounds were synthesized by cyclisation of indole-3-acetic acid with different aromatic amines. The structures of new compounds were confirmed by FT IR, 1HNMR and Mass. These compounds were tested in-vivo for analgesic, anti-inflammatory activates and biochemical studies antioxidant activity. The statistical analysis was carried out by ANOVA. All the compounds tested (NHR-I-NHR-VII) showed analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activities. Among seven compounds three compounds (NHR-I, NHR-II, NHR-IV) showed significant analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activities. Compounds NHR-II and NHR-V showed 74.38% and 70.68% inhibition of paw oedema in anti-inflammatory activity compared to 75.28% inhibition of standard Indomethacin. Compounds NHR-I and NHR-II showed 68.84% and 73.30 % inhibition against acetic acid induced writings’ in analgesic activity compared to 75.23% inhibition of standard Diclofenac. Compound NHR-II showed 71.6% inhibition of DPPH radical in Anti-oxidant activity compared to 84% inhibition of standard Ascorbic acid. The results showed that incorporation of appropriately substituted aromatic amines at third position of Indole nucleus can afford good analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant with reduced side effects of compounds.
Cite this article:
Raju Kundavaram, M. Gayathri Devi, B. Siva Kumar, T. Archana, M. Gowri Manoja, J. Naga Sai Kumar. Synthesis and Biological Screening of some Novel 3-Subsituted Indole Derivatives. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(12):5787-5792. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.01009.4
Raju Kundavaram, M. Gayathri Devi, B. Siva Kumar, T. Archana, M. Gowri Manoja, J. Naga Sai Kumar. Synthesis and Biological Screening of some Novel 3-Subsituted Indole Derivatives. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(12):5787-5792. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.01009.4 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-13-12-24
1. Gribble, G. W.. "Recent developments in indole ring synthesis—methodology and applications". J. Chem. Soc. Perkin Trans. 2000 1 (7): 1045.
2. Cacchi, S.; Fabrizi, G. (2005). "Synthesis and Functionalization of Indoles Through Palladium-catalyzed Reactions". Chem. Rev. 105 (7): 2873–2920.
3. Morrin Acheson R. An Introduction to the Chemistry of heterocyclic compounds. A Wiley Interscience Publication, 2009, 3rd edition, 189-195.
4. S. N. Pandeya, I. Ponnilavarasan, A. Pandey, R. Lakhan and J. P. Stables, Evaluation of p-nitrophenyl substituted semicarbazones for anticonvulsant properties, Pharmazie.1999, 54, 12-16.
5. Gerard A. Pinna,a, Maria A. Pirisi, Giorgio Chelucci, Jean M. Mussinu, Gabriele Murineddu, Giovanni Loriga, Paolo S. D Aquila and Gino Serra. Synthesis and D2-Like Binding Affinity of New Derivatives of N-(1-Ethyl-2-pyrrolidinylmethyl)-4,5-dihydro-1H-benzo[g]indole-3-carboxamide and Related 4H- Benzothiopyrano [4,3-b] pyrrole and 5,6-Dihydro-4H-benzo[6,7] cyclohepta [b] pyrrole-3-carboxamide Analogues. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, 2002, 10, 2485-2496.
6. Istvan Borza, Sandor Kolok, Aniko Gere, Eva Agai-Csongor, Bela Agai, Gabor Tarkanyi, Csilla Horvath, Gizella Barta-Szalai, Eva Bozo, Csilla Kiss, Attila Bielik, Jozsef Nagy, Sandor Farkas and Gyorgy Domany. Indole-2-carboxamides as Novel NR2B Selective NMDA Receptor Antagonists, Bioorganic andMedicinal chemistry letters.2003,13,3859-3861.
7. Abele, E; Abele. R; Dzenitis, O; Lukevics, E. Chem. Hetro. Comp., 2003,39,3.
8. Marcella Ercoli, Lorenzo Mina , Caterina Canu Boido,Vito Boido, Fabio Sparatore, Ugo Armani, Antonietta Piana 2-Phenyl-3-(quinolizidin-1-yl)-5-substituted indoles as platelet antiaggregating agents IL FARMACO 2004, 59, 101–109.