Maruthi R, Chandan R.S, Barath M, G Naveen Datta, Merryl D’Silva, Kajal Kumari M, Farhan Ahmad, Geetha R
Maruthi R1, Chandan R.S*, Barath M1, Mr. G Naveen Datta2, Ms. Merryl D’Silva2, Ms. Kajal Kumari M3, Mr. Farhan Ahmad3, Ms. Geetha R3
1Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysuru, JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research, Sri Shivarathreeshwara Nagara, Mysuru- Karnataka, India 570015.
2Department of Pharmaceutics, JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysuru, JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research, Sri Shivarathreeshwara Nagara, Mysuru- Karnataka, India 570015.
3Department of Pharmacy Practise, JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysuru, JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research, Sri Shivarathreeshwara Nagara, Mysuru- Karnataka, India 570015.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2021
The measurement of teneligliptin in a drug pure in compliance with the ICH Guidelines, an easy and extraction free UV spectrophotometric method, was developed and validated. At 246nm and linearity of concentration of 10-50µg/ml, the drug shows strong absorption. The process for relaying the drug reaction to MeOH was calculated by its absorption maximum (?max) 246nm in order to achieve a colorless solution. In the 10-50µg/ml concentration range, the rule on beer complied. The calibration chart was found to be linear, and the coefficient of correlation (r2) was found to be 0.9952%. The experimental value LOD and LOQ parameters for the proposed procedure are measured, respectively, like 2.25 and 6.83µg/mL. Teneligliptin recovery was reported as 101.58%. To maximize the reaction condition, all of the parameters were analyzed.
Cite this article:
Maruthi R, Chandan R.S, Barath M, G Naveen Datta, Merryl D’Silva, Kajal Kumari M, Farhan Ahmad, Geetha R. Analytical Method Development and Validation of Teneligliptin by UV Spectroscopy. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2021; 14(1):75-78. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00014.7
Maruthi R, Chandan R.S, Barath M, G Naveen Datta, Merryl D’Silva, Kajal Kumari M, Farhan Ahmad, Geetha R. Analytical Method Development and Validation of Teneligliptin by UV Spectroscopy. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2021; 14(1):75-78. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00014.7 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-1-14
1. Brain and Derek Cooper. Samples and standards. Analytical chemistry by open learning. John Wiley and Sons. London. 1991.
2. Indian Pharmacopoeia. Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission. Ghaziabad. 2007.
3. Sharma BK. Instrumental methods of chemical analysis. 23rdEdn. Merrut. Goel Publishing House. 2004.
5. International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) of technical requirements in the registration of pharmaceuticals for human use. Validation of Analytical Procedures: Definitions and Terminology. ICH-Q2A,(CPMP/ICH/381/95).Geneva:1995.Internet:http://www.fda.gov/cder/guidance/ichq2a.pdf
6. Sharma SK, Panneerselvam A, Singh KP, Parmar G, Gadge P, Swami OC. Teneligliptin in management of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and obesity: Targets and Therapy. 2016; 9:251.
7. Sen AK, Hinsu DN, Sen DB, Zanwar AS, Maheshwari RA, Chandrakar VR. Analytical method development and validation for simultaneous estimation of Teneligliptin hydrobromide hydrate and Metformin hydrochloride from its pharmaceutical dosage form by three different UV spectrophotometric methods. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science. 2016 Sep;6(09):157-65.
8. Shinde VC, Aher KB, Bhavar GB, Kakad SJ, Chaudhari SR. Development and validation of UV spectrophotometric method and high-performance thin-layer chromatographic (HPTLC) method for estimation of teneligliptin hydrobromide in pharmaceutical preparation. Der Pharmacia Lettre. 2016;8(8): 291-301.
9. Amit MS, Kiran KD, Varsha AR. A simple UV-Spectrophotometric method development and validation of teneligliptin in tablet dosage form. Indo Am J Pharm Res. 2016;6(04):14-21.
10. Ghuge S, Pendhari SS, Malode PA, Anantwar SP. Development and validation of simple UV spectrophotometric method for the determination of teneligliptin hydrobromide hydrate in api and its bulk dosage form. Int J Pharm Res Scholars. 2017; 6:44-52.
11. Sawaikar LA. Development and Validation of an UV-Spectrophotometric Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Teneligliptin and Metformin.
12. Shivlal SJ. Development and Validation of Dual Wavelength UV Spectrophotometric Method for Estimation of Teneligliptin Hydrobromide Hydrate and Metformin Hydrochloride in Combined Dosage Form. Pharma Science Monitor. 2018 Apr 1;9(2).
13. Chitlange SS, Rawat DG, Gandhi SP. Estimation of Anti Diabetic Teneligliptin in Bulk and Formulation by Densitometric and Spectrophotometric Method. Analytical Chemistry Letters. 2017 Jul 4;7 (4):556-66.