Shradha Pandey, Prateek Pandey, Singh Shekhar Gautam, Jagdamba Singh
Shradha Pandey1*, Prateek Pandey2, Singh Shekhar Gautam2, Jagdamba Singh1
1Environmentally Benign Laboratory, Dept. of Chemistry, University of Allahabad, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India.
2United Institute of Pharmacy, Naini, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2021
Pyrimidine and its thione derivatives have found a wide range of application in medicine due to their pronounced biological activity. An attempt has been made to combine the toxophoric qualities of biologically versatile 2-amino-4-aryl thiazole and 5-arylidene-3-aryl rhodanine moieties and synthesizing pyrimidin-2-thione derivatives, VII(a-j). The compounds were screened for their in vitro antifungal potential against Aspergillus niger and Fusarium oxysporium. The results were promising as the compounds VII b, VII c, VII g and VII h displayed fungicidal action equivalent to that of commercial fungicide Dithane M-45 at 1000 ppm concentration.
Cite this article:
Shradha Pandey, Prateek Pandey, Singh Shekhar Gautam, Jagdamba Singh. Synthesis, Characterization and Antifungal Evaluation of substituted Pyrimidin-2-thione Derivatives. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2021; 14(1):275-279. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00049.4
Shradha Pandey, Prateek Pandey, Singh Shekhar Gautam, Jagdamba Singh. Synthesis, Characterization and Antifungal Evaluation of substituted Pyrimidin-2-thione Derivatives. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2021; 14(1):275-279. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00049.4 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-1-49
1. Chen Q et al. Synthesis, antifungal activity and CoMFA analysis of novel 1,2,4-triazolo[1,5-a]pyrimidine derivatives. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry.2008; 43 (3): 595-603.
2. Pandey S et al. Synthesis and antileishmanial proﬁle of some novel terpenyl pyrimidines. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry.2004; 39(11): 969-973.
3. Lee HW et al. Molecular design, synthesis, and hypoglycemic and hypolipidemic activities of novel pyrimidine derivatives having thiazolidinedione. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry.2005; 40(9): 862-874.
4. Balkan A, Ertan M, Burgemeister T. Synthesis and Structural Evaluations of Thiazolo [3,2‐a]pyrimidine Derivatives. Archiv der Pharmazie. 1992; 325 (8), 499-503.
5. Akbari JD et al. Synthesis of Some New 1,2,3,4-Tetrahydropyrimidine-2-thiones and Their Thiazolo [3,2-a]pyrimidine Derivatives as Potential Biological Agents. Phosphorus, Sulfur, and Silicon. 2008; 183: 1911–1922.
6. Weinhardt K, Wallach MB, Marx M. Synthesis and antidepressant profiles of phenyl-substituted 2-amino- and 2-[(alkoxycarbonyl)amino]-1,4,5,6-tetrahydropyrimidines. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry.1985; 28(6):694-698.
7. Mohan J et al. Heterocyclic systems containing bridgehead nitrogen atom. Antifungal and antibacterial activities of thiazole and thiazolidinone derivatives. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology.1972; 10(1): 37-40.
8. Pandey S, Pandey P, Singh J. Synthesis, characterization and fungicidal activity of N-(5-oxo-3,7-diaryl-6,7-dihydro-5H-thiazolo [3,2,a] pyrimidin-6-yl) benzamide derivatives. Der Pharma Chemica. 2014; 6(1):170-175.
9. Bhatti RS et al. Recent Pharmacological Developments on Rhodanines and 2,4-Thiazolidinediones International Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2013;Article ID 793260. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/793260