Pyrazoline is dihydropyrazole having only one endocyclic double bond. Synthesis of pyrazoline derivatives from chalcones is an active arena of investigation due to established pharmacological result. In present study, chalcones were prepared by reacting of acetophenone with benzaldehyde. Then prepared chalcones react with isoniazid in the presence of glacial acetic acid results pyrazoline derivative. Physical parameters such as color, crystal structure, solubility, melting point, retardation factor (Rf) and % yield was evaluated. Confirmations of structures of all synthesized derivatives, were done by spectroscopic data of IR, 1HNMR and Mass spectroscopy. Also, all synthesized compounds were evaluated for antibacterial activity against B. subtilis, S. aureus, P.aeruginosa and E.coli, and antifungal activity was accomplished against C. albicans and A. niger at the different conc. and concluded that some compounds have excellent antimicrobial activity and most of the synthesized compounds exhibits moderate antimicrobial activity.
Cite this article:
Saras Kumar Jain, Rohit Singhal, Neetesh K. Jain. Synthesis, characterization and biological activity of pyrazoline derivatives. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(12):6223-7. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.01077
Saras Kumar Jain, Rohit Singhal, Neetesh K. Jain. Synthesis, characterization and biological activity of pyrazoline derivatives. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(12):6223-7. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.01077 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-12-7
1. Insuasty B, García A, Quiroga J, Abonía R, Ortiz A, Nogueras M, Cobo J. Efficient microwave-assisted synthesis and antitumor activity of novel 4,4'-methylenebis[2-(3-aryl-4,5-dihydro-1H-pyrazol-5-yl)phenols]. Eur. J. Med. Chem. 2011; 46:2436–2440.
2. Li JT, Zhang XH, Lin ZP. An improved synthesis of 1,3,5-triaryl-2-pyrazolines in acetic acid aqueous solution under ultrasound irradiation. Beilstein J. Org. Chem. 2007; 3(13):3-13.
3. Kumar AK, Jayaroopa P. Pyrazoles: Synthetic strategies and their pharmaceutical application -An overview. Int Journal Pharm Tech Res. 2013; 5(4):1473-1486.
4. Li JT, Zhang XH, Lin ZP. An improved synthesis of 1, 3, 5-triaryl-2-pyrazolines in acetic acid aqueous solution under ultrasound irradiation. B. J.Org. Chem. 2007; 3:1860-1897.
5. Kumar AK, Govindaraju M. Pyrazolines: Versatile Molecules of Synthetic and Pharmaceutical Applications- A Review. Int.J. Chem Tech Res., 2015; 8(1): 313-322.
6. Yusuf M, Jain P. Synthetic and biological studies of pyrazolines and related heterocyclic compounds. Arabian J. Chem.2014; 7:553-96.
7. Moqbel RMA, Gitima D, Meriyam V M. Synthesis and molecular docking studies of some new pyrazoline derivatives for antimicrobial properties. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology.2020; 13(10): 4629-34.
8. Kumar P, Kumar A, Nayak P, Pinto JS, D’Souza B. Synthesis and Antimicrobial Evaluation of some Novel Pyrazoline Incorporated Pyrrole Derivatives. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2018; 11(6): 2460-2462.
9. K. Ishwar Bhat, Abhishek Kumar. Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Some Novel Pyrazoline Derivatives Derived from Chalcones. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2017; 10(5): 1344-1346.
10. Revanasiddappa BC, Vijay Kumar M, Nayak P, Ali AR, Jisha MS. Synthesis, Antibacterial and Antifungal Evaluation of Novel Pyrazoline Derivatives. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2017; 10(5): 1481-1484.
11. Kumar A, Fernandes J, Kumar P. Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Some Novel Pyrazoline incorporated 2-Quinolones. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2016; 9(12):2257-2260.
12. Girija K, Seethalakshmi P, Hemalatha K, Arumugam N. Synthesis and Antimicrobial Activity of some Novel Mannich Base Substituted Pyrazolone derivatives. Research J. Pharm. and Tech.2014; 7(4): 460-462.
13. Divekar K, Swamy S, Kavitha N, Murugan V, Devgun M. Synthesis and Evaluation of Some New Pyrazole Derivatives as Antimicrobial Agents. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2010; 3 (4):1039-1043
14. Fernandes J, Revanasiddappa BC, Bhat KI, Vijay Kumar M, D’Souza L, Alva SS. Synthesis and in-Vitro Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Novel Pyrazoline Derivatives. Research J. Pharm. and Tech.2017; 10(6):1679-1682.
15. Kumari R, Kumar A. Synthesis and In-Vitro Anti-Inflammatory Activity of New Pyrazoline Derivatives. Research J. Phar and Tech. 2018; 11(9):3969-3972
16. Mohareb RM, El-Sayed NNE, Abdelaziz, MA. Uses of Cyanoacetyl hydrazine in Heterocyclic Synthesis: Novel Synthesis of Pyrazole Derivatives with Anti-tumor Activities. Molecules. 2013; 17: 8449–8463.
17. Prabha T, Aishwaryah P, Manickavalli E, Chandru R, Arulbharathi G, Anu A, Sivakumar T. A Chalcone Annulated Pyrazoline Conjugates as a Potent Antimycobacterial Agents: Synthesis and in Silico Molecular Modeling Studies. Research J. Phar and Tech. 2019; 12(8): 3857-65.
18. Soni N, Pande K, Kalsi R, Gupta TK, Parmar SS, Barthwal JP. Inhibition of Rat Brain Monoamine Oxidase and Succinic Dehydrogenase by Anticonvulsant activity of Pyrazolines. Res. Commun. Mol. Pathol. Pharm. 1987; 56:129–132.
19. Sadhu SK, Okuyama E, Fujimoto H, Ishibashi M. Separation of Leucas Aspera, a Medicinal Plant of Bangladesh, Guided by Prostaglandin Inhibitory and Antioxidant Activities. Chem. Pharm. Bull. 2003; 51: 595–598.
20. Fioravanti R, Bolasco, Manna F, Rossi F, Orallo F, Ortuso F, Alcaro S, Cirilli R. Synthesis and biological evaluation of N-substituted-3,5-diphenyl-2-pyrazoline derivatives as cyclooxygenase (COX-2) inhibitors. Eur J Med. Chem. 2010;45(10): 6135-6138.
21. Bhosle MR, Deshmukh AR, Pal S, Shrivastava AK, Mane RA. Synthesis of new thiazolyl methoxy phenyl pyrimidines and antihyperglycemic evaluation of the pyrimidines, analogues isoxazolines and pyrazolines. Bioorg. and Med.Chem. Letters.2015;25: 2442-46.
22. Revanasiddappa BC, Rao RN, Subrahmanyam EVS, Satyanarayana D. Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Some Novel 1, 3, 5-trisubstituted pyrazolines. E-J. Chem. 2010; 7(1):295-298.
23. Vidhya KR, Syed SS. Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial studies of novel 2-pyrazoline derivatives. Der Pharma Chemica. 2014; 6(2):283-287.