Merugu Manasa, Vijey Aanandhi M
Merugu Manasa1, Vijey Aanandhi M2*
1Research Scholar, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Analysis, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vels Institute of Science, Technology and Advanced Studies (VISTAS), Pallavaram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
2Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Analysis, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences,
Vels Institute of Science Technology and Advanced Studies (VISTAS), Chennai, India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2021
The developed method was validated according to ICH guidelines with respect to specificity, linearity, limits of detection, quantification, accuracy, precision, and robustness. The stability indicating simultaneous method development and validation of Dapagliflozin and Saxagliptin by RP-HPLC in drug substance and product. The chromatographic separation was done in an isocratic mode using the BDS C18 (150 x 4.6mm, 5.0m) column with mobile phase containing a Ammonium acetate buffer: ACN (40:60 %v/v) used for efficient chromatographic separation. The flow rate of the mobile phase was adjusted to 1.0mL/min with 30oC column temperature and detection of wavelength at 220nm, injection volume 10µl was fixed for achieving good elution of eluents. The retention time for DAPA and SAXA were found to be 2.207 min and 2.889 min respectively. DAPA and SAXA were linear in the concentration ranges from 0-15µg/ml and 0 -8µg/ml respectively. Regression analysis showed that R2 value (correlation coefficient) for DAPA and SAXA were found to be 0.999. LOD and LOQ of DAPA was found to be 21.6µg/ml and 9.1µg/ml, SAXA was found to be 11.5µg/ml 9.1µg/ml. The developed method was validated and found to be accurate, specific and robust. Both the drugs were subjected to the stress conditions like acidic, basic, oxidative, photolytic and thermal conditions. The degradation results were found to be satisfactory. In acidic, alkaline and peroxide stress conditions. The forced degradation test results confirmed that the DAPA and SAXA peaks were homogenous in all stress conditions, thus proving the stability-indicating nature of the method. This method could be applied for the simultaneous estimation of DAPA and SAXA in drug substance.
Cite this article:
Merugu Manasa, Vijey Aanandhi M. Stability Indicating Simultaneous Method development and Validation of Dapagliflozin and Saxagliptin by RP-HPLC. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2021; 14(2):1045-1049. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00187.6
Merugu Manasa, Vijey Aanandhi M. Stability Indicating Simultaneous Method development and Validation of Dapagliflozin and Saxagliptin by RP-HPLC. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2021; 14(2):1045-1049. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00187.6 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-2-83
1. Saxagliptin drug bank. Available from: https://www. drugbank.ca/drugs/ DB13928.
2. Dapaglifozin drug bank. Available from https://www.drugbank.ca/ drugs/DB06292.
3. Saxagliptin drug bank. Available from https://www.drugbank. ca/drugs/DB06335
4. R. Aswini, M. Mukkanti Eswarudu and P. Srinivasa Babu. A novel RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of dapagliflozin and saxagliptin in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences A. 2018; 13: 5161-5167.
5. N. Singh, P. Bansal, M. Maithani and Y. Chauhan. Development and validation of a stability-indicating RP-HPLC method for simultaneous determination of dapagliflozin and saxagliptin in fixed-dose combination. Available from https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2018/nj/c7nj04260d#!divAbstract.
6. V. Rajani, Y. Rajendra Prasad and A. Lakshmana Rao. Development and Validation of Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Dapagliflozin and Saxagliptin in Pure and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Available from http://www.kppub.com/articles/jan2019/Development % 20 and %20 Validation %20 of %20 Stability %20 Indicating %20 RP % 20 HPLC %20 Method %20 for % 20 Simultaneous.html.
7. B. Reddy Padmaja, B. Sivagami, R. Chandrasekar and M. Niranjan Babu. A highly validated RP-HPLC method development for the simultaneous estimation of dapagliflozin and saxagliptin in tablet dosage forms. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Drug Research. 2018; 10(5): 372-8,
8. B. Rama Raoa, V. Venkata Raob, and B. S. Venkateswarlu C. RP- HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Dapagliflozin and Saxagliptin in Bulk Samples. J. Pharm. Sci. and Res. Vol. 11(1), 2019, 254-257.
9. Dr. Gampa Vijay Kumar, Dr. T. Rajesh and Thirupathi Krishna. Analytical Method Development and Validation for the Simultaneous Estimation of Saxagliptin and Dapagliflozin in Combined Dosage Form by Using RP-HPLC. Available from http://www.pharmaresearchlibrary.com/analytical-method-development-and-validation-for-the-simultaneous-estimation-of-saxagliptin-and-dapagliflozin-in-combined-dosage-form-by-using-RP-HPLC/.
10. Thiyagarajan Deepan, and Magharla Dasaratha Dhanaraju. Stability indicating HPLC method for the simultaneous determination of dapagliflozin and saxagliptin in bulk and tablet dosage form. Current Issues in Pharmacy and Medical Sciences. 2018; 31(1): 39-43.
11. Sayali S. More, Sandeep S. Sonawane, Santosh S. Chhajed and Sanjay J. Kshirsagar. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Saxagliptin and Dapagliflozin in Tablets. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2018; 8(3): 145-148.
12. Phani RSCH, Prasad KRS and Useni Reddy Mallu. A Study of New Method Development, Validation and Forced Degradation for Simultaneous Analysis of Dapagliflozin and Saxagliptin in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form by HPLC Method. Der Pharma Chemica. 2017;9(20): 96-103.
13. Gandla. Kumara Swamy, S. Shruthi, M. Rajkumar and D. Sudheer Kumar. A new stability indicating RP-HPLC method for simultaneous determination of saxagliptine and dapagliflozin in bulk and combined tablet dosage forms. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis and Medicinal Chemistry. 2017; 5(3): 113-121.
14. Jitendra Debata and Sundeep Kumar. A New RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation of Dapagliflozin in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Form. International Journal of Drug Development and Research. 9: 48-51.
15. Md. Saiful Islam, Md. Taleb Hossain, Sukalyan Kumar Kundu, Md. Abdul Halim and Md. Rafiquzzaman. Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for determination of saxagliptin hydrochloride in bulk and tablet dosage form. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2016; 5(5): 107-119.
16. B. Tangabalan, P. Srisowmya, and S. Manohar Babu. Method development and validation for the simultaneous estimation of saxagliptin and metformin in tablet dosage form by RP-HPLC method. International Journal of Pharmacy and Analytical Research.2014; 3(4): 363-369.
17. Sarif Niroush Konari and Jane T. Jacob. Stability indicating validated RP-HPLC technique for the analysis of multicomponent anti-diabetic drug combos in pharmaceutical dosage forms. Karbala International Journal of Modern Science. 2015;1(1): 39-48.
18. P. B. N. Prasad, K. Satyanaryana and G. Krishnamohan. Development and validation of a method for simultaneous determination of metformin and saxagliptin in a formulation by RP-HPLC. American Journal of Analytical Chemistry. 2015;6: 841-850.
19. Mohammad Yunoos and D. Gowri Sankar. Stability indicating quantitative RP-HPLC method development and validation for simultaneous determination of metformin hydrochloride and saxagliptin in bulk and combined tablet dosage form. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research. 2015;7(4): 346-355.
20. ACK. Prasanna and Kanuri Priyanka. Method development and validation of simultaneous determination of metformin and saxagliptin in pharmaceutical dosage form by RP-HPLC. International Journal of Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Biological Sciences. 2015;5(1): 381-387.