Objective: A new, simple, sensitive, precise, reproducible UV visible spectrophotometric method was developed for the determination of Darunavir in Tablet dosage form with¬¬¬ 0.1N HCl. Method: The method is based on the formation of a colorless complex. The UV spectrum of Darunavir in 0.1N HCl showed maximum wavelength at 298nm. Beer’s law is valid in the concentration range of 10-60µg/ml. this method was validated for linearity, accuracy, precision, assay, ruggedness and robustness. Results: The method has demonstrated excellent linearity over the range of 10-60µg/ml with the regression equation y=0.0113x+0.0098, and regression coefficient i.e. r2=0.9992 moreover, the method was found to be highly sensitive with LOD (1.85µg/ml) and LOQ (5.62µg/ml). Conclusion: Based on the results the proposed method can be successfully applied for the assay of Darunavir in various tablet dosage forms.
Cite this article:
Varsha Tegeli, Avinash Birajdar, Vinod Matole. UV Spectrophotometric Method Development and Validation of Darunavir in bulk and Solid Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(6):3262-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00567
Varsha Tegeli, Avinash Birajdar, Vinod Matole. UV Spectrophotometric Method Development and Validation of Darunavir in bulk and Solid Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(6):3262-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00567 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-6-57
2. Jamakhandi CM, Godambe RD, Kumbhar PS. Development of Spectrophotometric and fluorometric methods for estimation of darunavir using QBD Approach. Int. J of current Pharmaceutical Research. 2017;10(1): 13-19.
3. Mohammad AS et al. Optimization of UV Spectrophotometric Method for the estimation of Darunavir in Bulk Drugs and Tablet Formulation. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Nanotechnology. 2016;9(4): 3345-3348.
4. Patel PS. Development and validation of UV- spectrophotometric and RP-HPLC methods for estimation of luliconazole in bulk and gel formulation. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.2019;8(7): 709-729.
5. Majumder T. Method development and validation of RP-HPLC method for estimation of luliconazole in marketed formulation (Cream). The Pharma Innovation Journal. 2019; 8(5): 103-108.
6. ICH Guidelines Q2 (R1), “Validation of analytical procedures: text and methodology’’, in ICH Harmonized Tripartite Guidelines, 2005.