Ashok B. Patel, Ekta H. Vaghasiya, Amit R. Dudhatra, Amitkumar J. Vyas, Ajay I. Patel, Nilesh K. Patel, Hina M. Jadav
Ashok B. Patel, Ekta H. Vaghasiya*, Amit R. Dudhatra, Amitkumar J. Vyas, Ajay I. Patel, Nilesh K. Patel, Hina M. Jadav
Department of Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance, B. K. Mody Government Pharmacy College, Near Aji Dem, Government Polytechnic Campus, Rajkot - 360003 (Gujarat) India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 9,
Year - 2021
Stability indicating RP-UPLC photo diode array detector based method for determination of Dapagliflozin propanediol monohydrate (DPM) in active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) and in tablet dosage form (5mg dapagliflozin) has been developed and validated on Bridge Ethylene Hybride (BEH) C18 column (50mm × 2.1 mm, 1.7µm). Mobile phase composition was water: acetonitrile (60:40 v/v), flow rate 0.5ml/min and detection carried out at 223nm at column temperature 30ºC. Chromatographic separation achieved within 2 min with retention time 0.77 min. Linearity of the method was found over the concentration range of 25-75µg/ml (R2 = 0.9977). The degradation was carried out in five different stress conditions. The developed method was able to resolve peak of API from all generated peaks. Sufficient degradation was achieved in the range of 5.25 to 12.31%. The peak purity is acceptable, Method validation was performed as per ICH guideline Q2(R1).
Cite this article:
Ashok B. Patel, Ekta H. Vaghasiya, Amit R. Dudhatra, Amitkumar J. Vyas, Ajay I. Patel, Nilesh K. Patel, Hina M. Jadav. Stability Indicating Photodiode Array Detector Based Estimation of Dapagliflozin Propanediol Monohydrate in API and Tablet Dosage Form by RP-UPLC. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(9):4635-9. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00805
Ashok B. Patel, Ekta H. Vaghasiya, Amit R. Dudhatra, Amitkumar J. Vyas, Ajay I. Patel, Nilesh K. Patel, Hina M. Jadav. Stability Indicating Photodiode Array Detector Based Estimation of Dapagliflozin Propanediol Monohydrate in API and Tablet Dosage Form by RP-UPLC. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(9):4635-9. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00805 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-9-19
1. New drug approvals, 2013, https://newdrugapprovals.org/2013/page/5/
2. Forxiga 5 mg film coated tablets, 2018, http://www.medicines.org.uk/EMC/medicine/27188/
3. Ragine M. “Scientific Considerations of Forced Degradation Studies in ANDA Submissions”. J. of Validation Technology. 2012, p. 92-96.
4. Brummer H. “How To Approach A Forced Degradation Study”. Technical Bulletin. 2011; 31: 1-4.
5. Sutar SV, Yeligar VC, Patil SS. Stability indicating Force Degradation Studies. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2019; 12(1): 429-433.
6. Paola A, Tonhi E, silva P. Quality Control of Herbal Medicines and Related Areas. Bio Agri Laboratories, 2011; 25.
7. George N. Forced Degradation as an Integral Part of HPLC Stability-Indicating Method Development. Drug Delivery Technology. 2010; 10:5.
8. Anne francoise A, Huidong G, Reynald M, Ling M, Xiaohui X, Mark T, Bonnie W, Yuzhong D, Jinnan C, Phillipe C, Mark A. Validated LC-MS/MS Methods for the Determination of Dapagliflozin, A Sodium-Glucose Co-Transporter 2 Inhibitor In Normal and ZDF Rat Plasma. Bioanalysis. 2010; 2(12): 2001-2009.
9. Dhanalakshmi K, Manasa S, Nagarjunareddy G, Sreenivasa S. Method Development and Validation of Dapagliflozin API by UV Spectroscopy. Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res. 2014; 27(1): 270-272.
10. Atul TH, Gajanan VM, Krishna RG, Estimation of Dapaglifozin from its Tablet Formulation by UV-Spectrophotometry. Pharm. Methods. 2017; 8(2): 102-107.
11. Chitra KP, Eswaraiah MC, Basaveswara MV., M. Unique UV spectrophotometric method for reckoning of dapagliflozin in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms. J. Chem. Pharm. Res. 2015; 7(9): 45-49.
12. Varma MV, Patel CJ, Patel MM. Simultaneous Estimation of Dapagliflozin in Api and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form by Development and Stability Indicating HPLC Method. W. J. phar. pharm. Sci., 2017; 6(7): 1618-1632.
13. Dhanalakshmi, B., Jeyabaskaran, M., Rambabu, C. RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation of Dapagliflozin in Bulk and Tablet formulation. Int. J. Pharm. Anal. Res. 2013; 2(4): 221-226.
14. Debata, J., Jha SK, Khan A, Kumar S. A New RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation of Dapagliflozin in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Form. Int. J. of Drug Dev. Res. 2017; 9(2): 48-51.
15. Jani, BR, Kapupara PP, Shah KV. Development and Validation of UV Spectroscopic Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Dapagliflozin and Metformin Hydrochloride in Synthetic Mixture. Int. J. Res. Dev. Pharm. L. Sci. 2015; 4(3): 1569- 1576.
16. Urooj A, ShyamSundar P, Vasanthi R, Alager RM, Dutt KR, Rao KNV, Ramana H. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Dapagliflozin and Metformin in Bulk and in Synthetic Mixture. W. J. Phar. Pharm. Sci. 2017; 6(7): 2139-2150.
17. Deepan T, Basaveswara Rao MR, Dhanaraju MD. Development of Validated Stability Indicating Assay Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Metformin and Dapagliflozin by RP- HPLC. Euro. J. Appl. Sci. 2017; 9(4): 189-199.
18. Lakshmi PK, Rama. KV, Satyanarayana PPV, Haribabu B. Development and Validation of Stability Indicating Reverse Phase High Performance Liquid Chromatography Method with Photodiode Array Detection for the Simultaneous Estimation of Hypoglycemic Agents, Dapagliflozin and Metformin. Int. J. Pharma. Bio Sci. 2017; 8(3): 328-336.
19. Madhavi S, Prameela A. Development and Validation of a Method for Simultaneous Determination of Dapagliflozin and Saxagliptin in a Formulation by RP- UPLC. W. J. Pharm. Res., 2017;6(12):904-916.
20. Verma MV, Patel CJ, Patel MM. Development and stability indicating HPLC method for Dapagliflozin in API and pharmaceutical dosage form, Int. J. of applied pharm. 2017; 9(5): 33-41.
21. Mohammad Y, GowriSankar D. A Validated Stability Indicating High- Performance Liquid Chromatographic Method for Simultaneous Determination of Metformin HCl and Dapagliflozin in Bulk Drug and Tablet. Dosage Form, Asian. J. Pharm. Clin. Res. 2015; 8(3): 320-326.
22. Sarath N, Seshagiri R. A Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Dapagliflozin and Saxagliptin in Combined Tablet Dosage Forms. Pharm. Anal. Qual. Assur. 2017; 4: 1-11.
23. Blessy M, Patel RD, Prajapati PN, Agrawal YK. Development of forced degradation and stability Indicating Studies of Drugs- A Review. J. of Pharm. Anal. 2013; 4(3): 159-165.
24. Game MD, Bopudi M. Development and Validation of Stability Indicating HPLC Method for Estimation of Dapagliflozin in Marketed Formulation. Int. J. Pharm. Pharm. Sci. 2018; 12(8): 123-144.
25. International Conference of Harmonisation, 2005. Q2 (R1), validation of analytical procedures: text and methodology. In: International Conference on Harmonization, Geneva.