Neelottama Kushwaha, C.S. Sharma
Neelottama Kushwaha1,2*, C.S. Sharma3
1Department of Pharmacy, Pranveer Singh Institute of Technology, Kanpur-209305, UP., India.
2Ph.D. Scholar, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Bhupal Nobles’ University, Udaipur, Rajasthan-313001, India.
3Associate Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Bhupal Nobles’ University, Udaipur, Rajasthan-313001, India.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2022
A series of 6-(chloromethyl)-N2-(1-(4-substituted phenyl)-3-phenyl-1H-pyrazol-4-yl) methylene)-N4-aryl-1, 3, 5-triazine - 2, 4-diamine 7(Aa-Gd) were synthesized using the appropriate synthetic procedure and characterized by spectral analysis. All the synthesized compounds were evaluated for their antibacterial and antifungal activities. The antibacterial activity was evaluated against Gram-positive strains (Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus aureus) and Gram-negative strains (Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa) using benzyl penicillin and streptomycin as standard drugs. Further, these compounds were studied for antifungal activity against three strains of fungi (Candida albicans, Aspergillus fumigate and Aspergillus flavus) using Ketoconazole as a standard drug. In the presented study all the synthesized compounds showed significant antibacterial and antifungal activities.
Cite this article:
Neelottama Kushwaha, C.S. Sharma. Synthesis of Novel 6-(chloromethyl) - N2- (1 - (4-substituted phenyl) - 3-phenyl - 1H-pyrazol - 4-yl) methylene)-N4- aryl-1, 3, 5-triazine - 2, 4-diamine derivatives and their Antimicrobial Activity. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(1):236-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00039
Neelottama Kushwaha, C.S. Sharma. Synthesis of Novel 6-(chloromethyl) - N2- (1 - (4-substituted phenyl) - 3-phenyl - 1H-pyrazol - 4-yl) methylene)-N4- aryl-1, 3, 5-triazine - 2, 4-diamine derivatives and their Antimicrobial Activity. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(1):236-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00039 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-1-39
1. Garutia L. Roberti M. Rossi T. Castelli M. and Malagoli M. Synthesis and antiproliferative activity of 3-substituted 1H-indole [3,2-d]-1,2,3-triazin-4(3H)-ones. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 1998; 33: 43-46.
2. Koduru BS. Shinde AR. Preeti PJ. Kumar KP. Rajavel R. Shivkumar T. Synthesis, Characterization, Anti-tubercular, Analgesic and Anti- Inflammatory Activities of New 2- Pyrazoline Derivatives. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2012; 2(2): 47-50.
3. Bhusari KP. Amnerkar ND. Khedekar PB. Kale MK. Bhole RP. Synthesis and In vitro antimicrobial activity of Some new 4-Amino-N-(1,3- Benzothiazol-2-yl)benzenesulphonamide derivatives. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2008; 1(2): 53-58.
4. Kumar R. Singh AD. Singh J. Singh H. Roy RK. and Chaudhary A. 1,2,3-Triazine Scaffold as a Potent Biologically Active Moiety: A Mini Review. Mini- Review in Medicinal Chemistry. 2014; 14(1): 72-83.
5. Tirlapur VK. Noubade K. Synthesis, Characterization and Biological Activities of New Pyrimidines and Pyrazoles Derivatives. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2010; 3(3): 659-662.
6. Patil CJ. Patil MC. Patil MC. Studies on synthesis of aromatic Schiff Bases. Part-V. Evaluation of Antifungal Potential of Ketimines from 5-Chloro-2-hydroxy-4-methyl-acetophenone. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2018; 10(2): 125-130.
7. Abdel-Rahman RM. Morsy JM. Edfawy S. and Amine HA. Synthesis of some new heterobicyclic nitrogen systems bearing the 1, 2, 4- triazine moiety as anti-HIV and anti-cancer drugs, Part II. Die Pharmazie. 1999; 54(9): 667-671.
8. Bespalov VG. Beliaeva OA. Panchenko AV. Stukov AN. Gershanovich ML. Murazov IG. Konkov SA. Kilmaeva NE. Krylova IM. Mironiuk TA. and Latipova DK. Antitumor activity of dioxadet compared with cisplatin on ascitic ovarian tumor in rats. Vopr Onkol. 2011; 57(6): 771-774.
9. Jamkhandi CM. Disouza JI. Synthesis and Antimicrobial Evaluation of [(1H-benzotriazol-1-ylacetyl) amino] Acetic Acid Derivatives. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2012; 5(9): 1197-1200.
10. Kaura A. Sharma L. Dhar VJ. Spectral and Antimicrobial study of some novel Schiff Bases and Beta-Lactam derivatives. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2012; 5(1): 129-132.
11. Agarwal A. Srivastava K. Puri SK. and Chauhan PM. Syntheses of 2,4,6-trisubstituted triazines as antimalarial agents. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters. 2005; 15(3): 531-533.
12. Sangshetti JN. and Shinde DB. One pot synthesis and SAR of some novel 3-substituted 5, 6-diphenyl-1, 2, 4-triazines as antifungal agents. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters. 2010; 20(2): 742-745.
13. Nevade SA. Lokapure SG. Kalyane NV. Design, Synthesis and Study of Pharmacological and Biological Evaluation of some novel 1, 2, 4- Triazolo containing Thiosemicarbazide Derivatives. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2011; 4(9): 1400-1403.
14. Beena KP. Akelesh T. A Novel Series of Dihydropyrimidines as Possible Antimicrobial Agents. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2011; 4(8): 1252-1255.
15. Baldaniya BB. and Patel PK. Synthesis, Antibacterial and Antifungal activities of s- Triazine Derivatives. E-Journal of Chemistry. 2009; 6(3): 673-680.
16. Majdouline L. Azeddine A. Rachid H. Abdelhafid I. Taghki A. Abdelmajid S. Azzedine E. Mohammed B. Tahar L. Biological activities of triazine derivatives. Combining DFT and QSAR results. Arabian Journal of Chemistry. 2017; 10(1): S946-S955.
17. Manjula S. Aruna D. Raghunandhan N. Venkateshwar R. Synthesis and Pharmacological Screening of Some New Benzimidazole Derivatives. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2011; 4(1): 147-150.
18. Pandeya SN. Ranjana. Rajput N. Molecular Modification in Fluoroquinolones. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2011; 4(4): 650-654.
19. Rajput AP. Rajput SS. A novel method for the synthesis of Formyl Pyrazoles using Vilsmeier- Haack Reaction. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2011; 3: 346-351.
20. Aly MRE. Gobouri AA. Hafez SHA. Saad HA. Synthesis, Reactions and Biological Activity of some Triazine derivatives containing Sulfa drug moieties. Bioorganicheskaia Khimiia. 2015; 41(4): 491-504.