Timanyuk Iryna, Bondarieva Iryna, Malyi Volodymyr
Timanyuk Iryna1, Bondarieva Iryna2, Malyi Volodymyr3
1C.Sc.in Pharmacy, Associate Professor, National University of Pharmacy, Ukraine.
2C.Sc. in Pharmacy, Candidate, National University of Pharmacy, Ukraine.
3D.Sc. in Pharmacy, Professor, National University of Pharmacy, Ukraine.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2022
This article analyzes the level of transformation of the pharmaceutical business in Ukraine and the willingness of pharmacy enterprises to switch to new digital technologies. Given the new reality and the global COVID-19 pandemic, digital transformation will affect the pharmaceutical markets of all countries. The current situation contributes to breaking out of the comfort zone and enhances transition to new technologies and opportunities. Pharmaceutical companies are forced to use digital technology, and develop remote contact with customers. Currently, 4.1 billion people in the world have sustainable Internet access and the amount of users is growing by 1 million daily, with 2.8 billion people making purchases on the Internet. Simultaneously, the portrait of the average digital user is changing – the age is increasing, now it is a group of people aged between 25 and 44. The age group mentioned above can be described as potential “golden” consumers of pharmaceutical institutions – at such age financial capabilities meet appearing chronic diseases. Global trends have a crucial impact on the pharmaceutical sector; more flexible companies are already introducing modern technology into their day-to-day operations. A number of large pharmacy enterprises in Ukraine have new digital technologies at hand: online chats for client consulting; mobile applications; online orders and goods reservation; record of customer purchases; gamification of customer acquisition; bonuses that can be monetized in the network of pharmacy stores; disease coaching, etc. General trends in digital transformation are seen particularly well in the retail section of the pharmaceutical business. The process of personification of pharmacies as brands and products manufactured in pharmacy conditions is clearly monitored. Pharmacies that own web pages, despite the similarity of the information provided, try to maximize personification of the information presented and protect it from plagiarism. There is a visible relaunch of the collaborative consumption model, new uncommon partners are attracted, thanks to which the customer base is expanding. The new opportunity arises for real-time purchases with the maximum automation of this process and minimizing the time spent on purchases. Also, the article outlines the directions in which Ukrainian pharmaceutical enterprises begin to develop, as well as the barriers and reasons that impede this development.
Cite this article:
Timanyuk Iryna, Bondarieva Iryna, Malyi Volodymyr. Digitalization of Pharmaceutical Business in Ukraine. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(4):1555-9. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00259
Timanyuk Iryna, Bondarieva Iryna, Malyi Volodymyr. Digitalization of Pharmaceutical Business in Ukraine. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(4):1555-9. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00259 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-4-25
1. Dhara Parekh, Pankaj Kapupara, Ketan Shah. Digital Pharmaceutical Marketing: A Review. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. Jan., 2016; 9(1): 108-112.
2. State Statistical Service of Ukraine. Available from: URL: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/
3. D. Bhavyasri, K. Manikandan, R. Kamaraj. Marketing Approval for Medical Devices in European Union. Research J. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. March 2019; 12(1): 391-395.
4. Ganesh R. Bharskar, SuhasS. Siddheshwar. Digital Marketing In Pharmaceutical Sector. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Health Care. 2020; 10(2): 121-128.
5. Roz Glover. Pharmacy run. Available from: URL: https://www.goodgym.org/reports/pharmacy-run
6. PillPack. Your medication, delivered Available from: URL: https://www.pillpack.com/
7. The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy. 5 Reasons to have a Personal Pharmacist. Available from: URL: http://medicineshoppecrowfoot.ca/5-reasons-to-have-a-personal-pharmacist/
8. ZipDrug Pharmacy Network. Available from: URL:https://www.zipdrug.com/pharmacies/
9. Dilip. N. S., G. Devakumar. An Analysis of Technological Capabilities and Business Eco-system through Radical Innovation for Sustainability of Start-up Companies. Asian Journal of Management. 2019; 10(2): 149-152.
10. Dimpy Sachar, Harshmeet Kaur. Impact of Digitalization in an Organization and its importance in Knowledge and Value Management System. Asian J. Management; 2017; 8(1):37-48.
11. Raghunandan G, Harshita GK, Jyothi A. Impact of Digital Money Post Demonetization on the Indian Economy - A Descriptive Study. Asian Journal of Management. 2018; 9(1):741-744.
12. Pratiksha Tiwari, Kartika. Impact of Digitalization on Empowerment and Transformation of Society. Res. J. Humanities and Social Sciences. 2019; 10(2):305-310.
13. Tanya Chatwal. Digitalization of Higher Education in India: A Boom or A Bane. Res. J. Humanities and Social Sciences. 2019; 10(4): 1083-1088.
14. Sachin S. Rajmane, Sushil R. Mathpati, Jairaj K. Dawle. Digitalization of Management System for College and Student Information. Research J. Science and Tech. 2016; 8(4):179-184.