Monika Maheshwari, Parul Soni
firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Monika Maheshwari1, Parul Soni2
1Assistant Professor, Geetanjali Institute of Pharmacy, Manwakhera NH-8 bypass, Udaipur, Rajasthan, India, 313002.
2Research Scholar, Geetanjali Institute of Pharmacy, Manwakhera NH-8 bypass, Udaipur, Rajasthan, India, 313002.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 5,
Year - 2022
The main objective of the study is to establish simple, precise and rapid RP-HPLC method for determination of diazepam and its decomposition products present in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form. Various parameters that can potentially affect the analytical method were investigated and optimized. The compounds were well resolved in an isocratic method using the mobile phase composition of potassium dihydrogen phosphate buffer(0.05M) along with diluted o-phosphoric acid adjusted to pH 4.5: methanol (40:60v/v) at a flow rate of 1 ml/min using C18 (25cm x 0.46 cm) Hypersil BDS column. The detection was carried out at wavelength of 248nm.The retention time of diazepam was 3.3 min. The developed method was validated by evaluating various parameters such as linearity, precision, accuracy, robustness, specificity, limit of detection, and limit of quantification according to the international council for harmonization guidelines. The standard calibration curve was obtained in the concentration range of 20µg/ml for diazepam. The % of label claim was found out to be 93.66 for diazepam. Observation of all these parameters leads to the point that developed RP-HPLC method is accurate, precise, linear, specific and robust. It can be successfully adopted for routine quality control analysis of Diazepam in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form without any interference.
Cite this article:
Monika Maheshwari, Parul Soni. RP-HPLC Method development and Validation for Rapid estimation of Diazepam in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(5):1938-2. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00322
Monika Maheshwari, Parul Soni. RP-HPLC Method development and Validation for Rapid estimation of Diazepam in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(5):1938-2. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00322 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-5-4
1. Dong WM. Modern HPLC for Practicing Scientists. A Wiley- Inter Science Publication, USA: 2006;1-9.
2. Rubika J. Role of Diazepam in dentistry – A short review. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2015; 8(8): 1014-1016.
3. Ashton H, The diagnosis and management of benzodiazepine dependence, Curr Opin Psychiatry. 2005 May; 18(3): 249-55.
4. Rouini Mohammad-Reza, Ardakani Yalda H, Moghaddam Kambiz A, Solatani F, An improved HPLC method for rapid quantitation of diazepam and its major metabolites in human plasma. Talanta. 2008; 75: 671.
5. ICH, Q2 (A). Validation of analytical procedures: text and methodology. In: International Conference on Harmonization Geneva. 2005; 1-13.
6. Yuri kazakevich, Rosario lobrutto. High Performance liquid Chromatography for Pharmaceutical Scientist, john wiley and sons Inc, Hoboken New jersy. 2007.
7. Sruthi A, Tejaswi P, Thanuja N, Sudheer Kumar D, Vivek Sagar P. Simple RP- HPLC method for estimation of diazepam in tablet dosage form, Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2013; 6(1):140-4.
8. Shabir G A.Validation of high-performance liquid chromatography methods for pharmaceutical analysis. Biomed Life Sciences. 2003; 987: 57-66.
9. Sethi P D. Quantitative Analysis Drugs in Pharmaceutical Formulations. 3rd ed. New delhi, India: CBS Publishers & Distributors. 1997; 51-64.
10. Vishali P, Michale , Avinash T Gatade, Dr. Ramesh T Sane, Validated HPTLC content uniformity test for the determination of diazepam in tablet dosage forms. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Development. 2011; 3(6): 95 – 103.
11. Zurghi A, Kabriaeezadeh A, Ahmed K. Rapid high performance liquid chromatographic method for determination of diazepam in human plasma. Boll Chin Farm. 2001;140:112-4.
12. Vemula VRB, Sharma PK. Analytical method development and validation for simultaneous estimation of imipramine and diazepam in tablet dosage form by RP-HPLC. International Journal Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2013; 5: 249-53.
13. Giri TK, Biswanath S. Formulation of Rapidly Disintegrating Fast Dissolving Diazepam Tablets Using Solid Dispersions through a Statistical Approach. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2010; 3 (4): 1246-1251.
14. Deepthi NSC, Rajendran SS, Gananadhamu S, Rao D, Lohit S. Spectrophotometric estimation of Ziprasidone in bulk and pharmaceutical formulations. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2011; 1(1): 8-9.
15. Sridharan D, Thenmozhi UA, Kumar LP, Chintalapati AD, Ramanajah MV, Phanikishore Y. Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric Method of Darifenacin Hydrobromide in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2011; 1(3): 43-5.
16. Varade PR, Narwade MG, Tambe VN. Method Development and Validation of Irbesartan by RP-HPLC Method. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2020; 12(2): 131-5.
17. Jadhav PB, Bhokare SG, Madibone MN. Development and Validation of an RP-HPLC Method for Pamabrom in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2019; 11(3):179-82.
18. Sarode N, Chhabra GS, Luhar S, Jadhav A. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for the Estimation of Montelukast Sodium in Bulk and In Tablet Dosage Form. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2011; 3(5): 257-60.
19. Kumar MRS, Basavaraj KPC, Babu CJG, Mani TT. Validated RP- HPLC Method for the Quantitation of Nebivolol in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2010; 3 (4): 1167-9.
20. Godge RK, Shinde GS, Joshi S. Simultaneous Estimation and Validation of Dapagliflozin and Saxagliptin in Bulk Drug and Dosage Form by RP-HPLC. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2019; 11(1):59-63.
21. Raju TG, Ramya MG, Rajesh A, Kathirvel S, Gupta SK. ICH Guideline Practice- a Validated Stability- Indicating HPLC Method for the Determination of Efavirenz in Dosage Form. Research. Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms & Technology. 2014; 6(1): 07-14.