Gopal Muthu Boopathi, Shanmugarajan T. S.
Gopal Muthu Boopathi , Shanmugarajan T. S.
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vels Institute of Science, Technology and Advanced Studies (VISTAS), Chennai, 600 117, Tamil Nadu, India.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 5,
Year - 2022
Several novel quinazolinones were designed and synthesized from anthranilic acid by a multistep synthesis. Structures of synthesized compounds were well characterized using FT-IR, 1H-NMR, Mass spectroscopy and bases of elemental analysis. Entire test compounds were screened for their antibacterial and antifungal activities by agar streak dilution test against various pathogenic strains of bacteria and fungi. Antimicrobial studies revealed that all title compounds exhibited mild to good antibacterial activity and mild to moderate antifungal activity. The relationship between the functional group variation and the biological activity of the screened compounds were discussed. Out of thirteen tested analogs, the most active compound was found to be 3-(2-(1-(4-chlorophenyl)-3-methyl-5-oxo-1H-pyrazol-4(5H)-ylidene) hydrazinyl)-2-methylquinazolin-4(3H)-one VIIg.
Cite this article:
Gopal Muthu Boopathi, Shanmugarajan T. S. Synthesis, Characterisation and Antimicrobial Activity of Novel 2-Methyl-3-(2-(substituted ylidene)hydrazinyl)quinazolin-4(3H)-ones. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(5):2176-2183. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00362
Gopal Muthu Boopathi, Shanmugarajan T. S. Synthesis, Characterisation and Antimicrobial Activity of Novel 2-Methyl-3-(2-(substituted ylidene)hydrazinyl)quinazolin-4(3H)-ones. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(5):2176-2183. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00362 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-5-44
1. Kaneti J, et al, Biological activity of quinazoline analogues and molecular modeling of their interactions with G-quadruplexes. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA)-General Subjects. (2021) 1865(1): 129773. doi.org/10.1016/j.bbagen.2020.129773.
2. Shao LH, et al. Design, synthesis, biological activities and 3D-QSAR studies of quinazolinone derivatives containing hydrazone structural units. New Journal of Chemistry. (2021) 45(10): 4626-31. doi.org/10.1039/D0NJ05450J.
3. Patel PR, et al. New generation of quinazolinone derivatives as potent antimicrobial agents. (2021). doi.org/10.21276/apjhs.2021.8.2.124.
4. Mass EB, et al. the quinazoline-chalcone and quinazolinone-chalcone hybrids: A promising combination for biological activity. Mini Reviews in Medicinal Chemistry. (2021) 21(2): 186-203. doi.org/10.2174/1389557520666200730160325
5. Faisal M, et al. Chemical insights into the synthetic chemistry of quinazolines: Recent advances. Frontiers in Chemistry. (2020). doi.org/10.3389/fchem.2020.594717.
6. Eweas A et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of some new 2-pyridylquinazoline derivatives. Current Chemistry Letters. (2021) 10(4): 459-70.
7. Auti PS, et al. Recent advances in the pharmacological diversification of quinazoline/quinazolinone hybrids. RSC Advances. (2020) 10(68): 41353-92. doi.org/10.1039/D0RA06642
8. Haggam RA, et al. Synthesis and antimicrobial evaluation of new series of quinazolin-5-one derivatives. Journal of the Iranian Chemical Society. (2020) 17(7): 1715-23.
9. Patel AB. Investigation of the antibacterial activity of new quinazoline derivatives against methicillin and quinolone resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Journal of Chemical Research, (2020) 44(5-6): 315-21. doi.org/10.1177%2F1747519819895887
10. Hameed A, et al. Quinazoline and quinazolinone as important medicinal scaffolds: A comparative patent review (2011–2016). Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Patents. (2018) 28(4): 281-97. doi.org/10.1080/13543776.2018.1432596.
11. Eid AM,et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of novel isoxazole-amide analogues as anticancer and antioxidant agents. BioMed Research International. (2021). doi.org/10.1155/2021/6633297
12. Shaik A, et al.. Antimicrobial, antioxidant, and anticancer activities of some novel isoxazole ring containing chalcone and dihydropyrazole derivatives. Molecules. (2020); 25(5): 1047. doi.org/10.3390%2Fmolecules25051047
13. Aarjane M, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of novel isoxazole derivatives from acridone. Archiv der Pharmazie. (2021) 354(3): 2000261. doi.org/ 10.1002/ardp.202000261
14. Wang G, et al. Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of isoxazole-naphthalene derivatives as anti-tubulin agents. Arabian Journal of Chemistry. (2020) 13(6): 5765-75.
15. Pothuri VV, et al. Synthesis and biological activity of some novel derivatives of 4-[5-(2, 3-dihydrobenzo [b][1, 4] dioxin-7-yl) isoxazole-3-yl] benzoic acid. Russian Journal of General Chemistry. (2020) 90(5): 889-94. doi.org/ 10.1134/S1070363220050229
16. Zhuang J, Ma S. Recent development of pyrimidine‐containing antimicrobial agents. Chem. Med. Chem. (2020) 15(20): 1875-86 doi.org/10.1002/cmdc.202000378
17. March YA, et al. Significance the biological activity to pyrimidine analogues. Sci. J. Med. Res. (2020) 4(13): 23-30. doi.org/10.37623/SJMR.2020.41305
18. Elattar KM, et al. Advances in the chemical and biological diversity of heterocyclic systems incorporating pyrimido [1, 6-a] pyrimidine and pyrimido [1, 6-c] pyrimidine scaffolds. RSC Advances. (2020)10(26): 15461-92. doi.org/10.1039/D0RA00411A
19. Sochacka-Ćwikła A, et al. Synthesis and biological activity of new 7-amino-oxazolo [5, 4-d] pyrimidine derivatives.Molecules. (2020); 25(15): 3558. doi.org/10.3390/molecules25153558.
20. Sharma V, et al. Significance and biological importance of pyrimidine in the microbial world. International Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. (2014). doi.org/10.1155/2014/202784
21. Assali M, et al. Synthesis, biological activity, and molecular modeling studies of pyrazole and triazole derivatives as selective COX-2 inhibitors. Journal of Chemistry. (2020). doi.org/10.1155/2020/6393428
22. Bennani FE, et al. Overview of recent developments of pyrazole derivatives as an anticancer agent in different cell line. Bioorganic Chemistry. (2020) 97: 103470. doi.org/10.1016/j.bioorg.2019.103470
23. Kumari MA, et al. A review on recent trends in the bioactive studies of pyrazole derivatives. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. (2020) 13(5): 383-94. doi.org/10.5958/0974-4150.2020.00072.3
24. Masaret GS. A new approach for the synthesis and biological activities of novel thiazolyl‐pyrazole derivatives. Chemistry Select. (2021); 6(5): 974-82. doi.org/10.1002/slct.202004304
25. Metwally NH, et al. Synthesis of some novel N5‐sulfonylated and N1‐alkyated pyrazole derivatives and their antimicrobial activity in conjunction with molecular docking study. Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry. (2020) 57(4): 1698-713. doi.org/10.1002/jhet.3895
26. Hawkey PM, et al. Medical bacteriology: A practical approach, (1994) 181-94.
27. Bindu Sre Koduru , et al. Synthesis, Characterization, Anti-tubercular, Analgesic and Anti-Inflammatory Activities of New 2- Pyrazoline Derivatives, Asian journal of Pharmacy and Technology (2012) 2 (2)
28. KP Bhusari , et al. Synthesis and In Vitro Antimicrobial Activity of Some New 4-Amino-N-(1,3- Benzothiazol-2-yl) benzenesulphonamide Derivatives, Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry (2008) 1 (2) doi.org/10.3109/14756360903555258.
29. Vijaya B Reddy, et al. Synthesis and Antimicrobial Studies Of Some Novel Benzimidazole Derivatives, Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry (2009) 2 (2)
30. BS. Vikram, et al. Synthesis and in Vitro Antimicrobial Activity of some New 3, 5 di-substituted pyrazoline derivatives, Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry (2009) 2 (3). doi.org/10.5958/0974-4150
31. Rinu k.Patel. et al. Synthesis and Microbiological Evaluation of Substituted 1,3-Oxazol-5(4H)-One Derivatives, Asian Pharmaceutical Research (2013) 3 (3)
32. R.S Kalkotwar, et al. Design, Synthesis and anti microbial, anti-inflammatory, Antitubercular activities of some 2, 4,5-trisubstituted imidazole derivatives, Asian Pharmaceutical Research (2013) 3 (4) doi.org/ 10.5958/2231–5691.
33. R Pattan et al. Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Some Substituted Amino Thiazole Derivatives, Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry (2009) 2 (2)
34. Manorama B. et al. Synthesis and Estimations of Antimicrobial Properties of Novel Pyrazoline Derivatives, Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry (2017) 10 (2). doi.org/10.5958/0974-4150.2017.00025.6
35. Ram C, et al. Synthesis and antimicrobial evaluation of Azetidinone derivatives of pyridine containing hydrazides, Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry (2017) 10 (2)
36. Bhagyesh Baviskar, et al. Design and Synthesis of Some Novel Chalcones as Potent Antimicrobial Agent, Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry (2008) 1 (2).