Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) in other way known as hyperandrogenic anovulation. Itis the common endocrinological and metabolic disorder in women of reproductive age which may leads to infertility. The condition estimate by the development of more than 10 small ovarian cysts of diameter ranging from 2-9mm.Disordered gonadotropin secretion in PCOS women leads to increased LH level which disturbs the LH: FSH ratio in body. Stimulation of FSH receptors with plant phytoconstituents elevate the production of FSH which reduce the over activity of LH and reduce the PCOS activity. In addition, inhibition of androgen receptors reduce the excess androgenic activity in body. Hinguvachadi choornam; an Ayurvedic formulation used for treating Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. In the present study, insilico evaluation of FSH receptor (4AY9) and androgen receptor (2PIV) by phytoconstituents present in the choornam were studied using PyRx, PyMOL, Open babel software. ADME parameters are evaluated with SWISS ADME software. The results revealed that all the phytoconstituents possess binding energy ranges from -6.0kcal/mol to -10.0kcal/mol with the two receptors. In addition, the drug likness of the constituents present in the choornam; asarone, ferulic acid, alantolactone, quercetin, naringenin and gingerol predicts through analyzing the ADME properties.
Cite this article:
Divya Raj R, Merlin N J, Shaiju S Dharan. Hinguvachadi Choornam, An Insilico approach to confirm the Therapeutic Efficacy towards PCOS. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2021; 14(1):231-234. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00040.8
Divya Raj R, Merlin N J, Shaiju S Dharan. Hinguvachadi Choornam, An Insilico approach to confirm the Therapeutic Efficacy towards PCOS. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2021; 14(1):231-234. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00040.8 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-1-40
1. Netter A, Lambert A, Harkeles M. Stein-Leventhal syndrome; 4 case reports. Comptesrendus de la societe Francaise de Gynecoligie. 1958;28(3):127-33.
2. Sushma Reddy P, Nazia Begum, Sumith Mutha, Vasudha Bakshi. Beneficial effect of Curcumin in Letrozole induced polycystic ovary syndrome. Asian Pacific Journal of Reproduction. 2016; 5(2): 116–122.
3. Zhang J, Liu XF, Liu Y, Xu LZ, Qiu DS, Han DW. Environmental risk factors for women with polycystic ovary syndrome in china: a population-based case-control study. Journal of Biological Regulators and Homeostatic Agents.2014; 28(2):203-211.
4. Bikas K. Arya, Ahtesham UlH, Koel Chaudhury. Oocyte quality reflected by follicular fluid analysis in poly cystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): A hypothesis based on intermediates of energy metabolism. Medical Hypotheses. 2012; 78(4): Pages 475-478.
5. E. Carmina F. Orio S. Palomba R and Longo. Endothelial Dysfunction in PCOS: Role of Obesity and Adipose Hormones. The American Journal of Medicine. 2006;119(4): Pages 356.e1-356.e6
6. Archana S, L. P. Dei, Harisha C. R and V. J. Sukla. Pharmacognostical and phyto-chemical standardization of Pathadichoorna- a polyherbal formulation for Poly cystic ovarian syndrome. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2016; 6(13): 634-641.
7. Jayshree S Dawane, Vijaya Pandit, Kapil S Khade, Sonali P Suryawanshi, Asmita Wele, Madhuri Pawar, Supriya Bhalerao. Study the efficacy of herbal formulation Niśāmalakīin animal model of polycystic ovarian disease syndrome. Ancient Science of Life. 2019; 4: (106) 203-235.
8. Jackie B, Sagar S, Alamgir H, Razowanul Md F, Sumaiya F, Emon D, HasanMd, Arafat F, Mohammed F, and Ramjan Ali Md. Insilico Molecular Docking and ADME/T Analysis of Some Selected Isolated Compounds of Phyllanthus emblica against Type 2 Diabetics. American Journal of Ethnomedicine.2018; 5: 2-9.
9. Gade Deepak Reddy, K N V Pavan Kumar, N Duganath, Raavi Divya, Kancharla Amitha. ADMET, Docking studies & binding energy calculations of some Novel ACE - inhibitors for the treatment of Diabetic Nephropathy. International Journal of Drug Development & Research.2012;4(3):0975-9344.
10. SowmyaHari. In silico molecular docking and ADME/T analysis of plant compounds against IL17A and IL18 targets in gouty arthritis. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science.2019; 9(07): 018-026.
11. Arunima Chandran, Merlin N J, Ammu L, Shaiju S Dharan. Fennel treatment to PCOS; an insilico evaluation to explore the therapeutic efficacy of anethole. Scholar Journal of Applied Sciences and Research. 2018; 6(17): 123-234.