Suyash Ingle, Varsha Tegeli, Avinash Birajdar, Vinod Matole, Sagar Adlinge, Gajanand Nangare
Suyash Ingle*, Dr. Varsha Tegeli, Avinash Birajdar, Vinod Matole, Sagar Adlinge, Gajanand Nangare
D.S.T.S Mandal’s College of Pharmacy, Solapur - 413004, Maharashtra, India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 10,
Year - 2021
Objective: A new, simple, sensitive, precise and reproducible UV spectroscopic method was developed for the estimation of Lignocaine Hydrochloride in bulk and Semisolid Formulation. Methods: The UV spectrum of Lignocaine Hydrochloride in RO water showed ? max at 228.8nm. Beer’s law is valid in the concentration range of 20-100µg/ml. This method was validated for linearity, accuracy, precision, ruggedness and robustness. Results: The method has demonstrated excellent linearity over the range of 20-100µg/ml with regression equation y = 0.0097x + 0.023 and regression correlation coefficient r2= 0.9992. Moreover, the method was found to be highly sensitive with LOD (3.55µg/ml) and LOQ (10.75µg/ml). Conclusion: Depending on results the given method can be successfully applied for assay of Lignocaine Hydrochloride in Semisolid formulation.
Cite this article:
Suyash Ingle, Varsha Tegeli, Avinash Birajdar, Vinod Matole, Sagar Adlinge, Gajanand Nangare. UV Spectrophotometric Method Development and Validation of Lignocaine Hydrochloride in Bulk and Semisolid Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(10):5280-2. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00920
Suyash Ingle, Varsha Tegeli, Avinash Birajdar, Vinod Matole, Sagar Adlinge, Gajanand Nangare. UV Spectrophotometric Method Development and Validation of Lignocaine Hydrochloride in Bulk and Semisolid Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(10):5280-2. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00920 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-10-38
1. Hasan F, Ali A.(Lidocaine Hydrochloride (Antiarrhythmic).The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists. 2015; 12(3): 156-165
3. Tektook N, Ali A. Lidocaine Hydrochloride (Local).The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists 2015; 2(1): 123-129.
4. VaniR, SunithaM. Analytical method development and validation for the determination of Acotiamide hydrochloride using reverse phase HPLC method in bulk and tablet dosage form. World journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences. 2010; 6(10): 768-775.
5. Patel PN, Kalariya PD, Swamy CV, Gananadhamu S, Srinivas R. Quantitation of Acotiamide in rat plasma by UHPLC-Q-TOF-MS: method development, validation and application to pharmacokinetics. Biomed Chromatography. 2016; 30(3): 363- 368.
6. Klaus Florey, Lidocaine Base and Hydrochloride, Analytical Profiles of Drug Substances, Chapter 8, page 207-243.
7. Deepak v. Bageshwar, avinash s. Pawar, vineeta v. Khanvilkar, vilasrao j. Kadam. Quantitative Estimation of Mupirocin Calcium from Pharmaceutical Ointment Formulation by UV Spectrophotometry, International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences ISSN- 0975-1491 Vol 2, Issue 3, 2010.
8. ICH Q2 (R1) validation of analytical procedures: text and methodology, International Conference on Harmonization, Nov, 1996.