Ankita Shinde, G.B. Gajeli, Sneha Ubale, Vinod Matole
Ankita Shinde*, G.B. Gajeli, Sneha Ubale, Vinod Matole
D.S.T.S Mandal’s College of Pharmacy, Solapur - 413004, Maharashtra, India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 11,
Year - 2021
A new, simple, rapid, selective, precise and accurate reverse phase high performance liquid chromatography assay has been developed for simultaneous estimation of Bilastine, and Montelukast in tablet formulations. The separation was achieved by using Phenomenax Kinetex XB C-18 column (150 x 4.6mm, 5 .) using mobile phase Methanol: 0.1% TFA water (80:20). Injection volume was 10µl. The flow rate was 1.0mL.min-1 and the separated drugs were detected using UV detector at the wavelength of 270nm. The retention time of Bilastine and Montelukast was noted to be 1.27, and 4.86 respectively, indicative of rather shorter analysis time. The method was validated as per ICH guidelines. The proposed method was found to be accurate, reproducible, and consistent. It was successfully applied for the analysis of these drugs in marketed formulations and could be effectively used for the routine analysis of formulations containing any one of the above drugs, or a combination, without any alteration in the chromatographic conditions.
Cite this article:
Ankita Shinde, G.B. Gajeli, Sneha Ubale, Vinod Matole. Simultaneous HPLC Method Development and Validation of Bilastine and Montelukast in Bulk and Formulation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(11):6061-5. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.01053
Ankita Shinde, G.B. Gajeli, Sneha Ubale, Vinod Matole. Simultaneous HPLC Method Development and Validation of Bilastine and Montelukast in Bulk and Formulation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(11):6061-5. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.01053 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-11-78
1. V. Amarendra Choudhrey, Anusha Kota and Sayed Muneer method development and validation of New RP -HPLC Method for the estimation of Bilastine in Pharmaceutical dosage form. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science. 2017; 6(8): 2297-2315.
2. Andressa Tassinari da Silva, Gabriela R. UV spectrophotometric method for quantitative determination of Bilastine using experimental design for robustness. Drug Analytical Research. 2017; 01(2): 38-43.
3. Rambabu Katta, N.N.V.V.S.S Narayana Murty, Ramasrinivas, G.N. Rao. Stability indicating method development and validation for the determination of Bilastine and its impurities by UPLC method. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 2020; 11(3): 1312-1321.
4. Peethala Prathyusha, Raja Sundararajan. UV spectrophotometer method for determination of Bilastine in bulk and pharmaceutical formulation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2020; 13(2): 933-938.
5. Martin K.Church. Bilastine: a lifetime companion for the treatment of Allergies.2019; 36(3): 445-454.
6. Rachana Dhingra. Role of Bilastine in allergic rhinitis; a review. International Journal of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery.2020; 6(2): 2454-5937.
7. ICH Q2 (R1) validation of analytical procedures: text and methodology, International Conference on Harmonization, Nov, 1996.
8. R.M. Singh, P.K. Saini, S.C. Mathur, G.N. Singh and B. Lal development and validation of RP-HPLC method for estimation of Montelukast sodium in bulk and in tablet dosage form. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Science. 2010; 72(2): 235-237
9. Sachin Gholve , Sanjay Thonde and Omprakash Bhunsare. RP-HPLC method development and validation of Montelukast sodium in bulk drugs anddosage form. International Journal of Pharmaand Bio-Science. 2015; 6(2): (P) 354-360.
10. N.S. Rana , K.S. Rajesh, Nikita N. Patel. Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for estimation of Montalukast sodium and ebastine in tablet dosage form. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Science. 2013; 75(5): 599-602.
11. Najmul Hasan , Farhan Ahmed Siddiqui, Nawab Sher Afridi. A New Acetonitrile free, cost effective, simple and validated Rp-HPLC Method for determination of Montelukat Sodium in Bulk,Tablets and Liquid Dosage Forms.Open Access Scientific Reports. 2012; 1: 261.
12. Patel Nilam K.,Pancholi S.S. Spectrophphotometric determination of Montelukast Sodium and Levocetrizine Dihydrochloride in Tablet Dosage Form by AUC Curve method. Scholars Research Library. 2011; 3(5): 135-140.
13. Deepshikha Patel, Sohil Nagar. UV-Visible Spectrophotometric Estimation Of Montelukast Sodium and Fexofenadine by Simultaneous Equation Method in Bulk and Combined Tablet Dosage Form. Association Of Biotechnology And Pharmacy Current Trends in Biotechnology and Pharmacy. 2014; 11(4): 382-388.
14. Suparna S.Tandulwadkar, Snehal J.More. Method development and validation for the Simultaneous Determination Of Fexofenadine hydrochloride and Montelukast sodium in Drug Formulation using Normal Phase High- Performance Thin-Layer Chromatography. Internatinal Scholarly Research Network. 2012, 7.
15. Nagesh C, Mahendrakumar D. Development and validation of simultaneous equation method for estimation of Motelukast sodium and levocetirizine dihydrochloride by UV spectrophotometric Method.Unique Journal of Pharmaceutical And Biological Sciences. 2013; 01(02): 33-36.