Sindhuja Devaraj, Arun Radhakrishnan, Sudhakar Kothandan, Abhijith. K. R, Ashish. A, Pradeesh. M, Pranesh. B, Gowthamarajan Kuppusamy, Sachin Kumar Singh
Sindhuja Devaraj1, Arun Radhakrishnan1*, Sudhakar Kothandan1, Abhijith. K. R1, Ashish. A1, Pradeesh. M1, Pranesh. B1, Gowthamarajan Kuppusamy1, Sachin Kumar Singh2
1Department of Pharmaceutics, JSS College of Pharmacy, (JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research), Ooty.
2School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Lovely Professional University, Punjab.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2021
Facial Skin is elegant and the ordinary soaps make it to lose texture and make it dry. Facewash is a mild cleanser acts without producing any harshness to skin. The purpose of facewash is to proclaim the cleansing, antiwrinkle, anti- acne, moisturizing and enhance the fairness of skin and thus skin look young and energetic The present form of facewashes available in market were gel and cream state, which should be packed in large collapsible tube or plastic containers in turn difficult for the consumer to carry during their travel and being this facewash are aqueous in nature, it needs preservative to maintain the stability. The objectives of this present work is to overcome the drawbacks of synthetic facewashes and to prepare herbal facewash tablet. Facewash tablets are formulated to minimize the cost, packaging size and the utilization of harmful preservatives and easily portable. Facewash tablet was prepared with various concentration of ingredients and evaluated for parameters like pH, Irritability, Hardness, Friability, Thickness, Foaming capacity and Accelerated Stability. The present study revealed that the formulated batch (F6) produces an excellent foams and produce a fine facewash.
Cite this article:
Sindhuja Devaraj, Arun Radhakrishnan, Sudhakar Kothandan, Abhijith. K. R, Ashish. A, Pradeesh. M, Pranesh. B, Gowthamarajan Kuppusamy, Sachin Kumar Singh. Formulation and Evaluation of Consumer Friendly Facewash Tablet. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2021; 14(2):838-842. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00148.7
Sindhuja Devaraj, Arun Radhakrishnan, Sudhakar Kothandan, Abhijith. K. R, Ashish. A, Pradeesh. M, Pranesh. B, Gowthamarajan Kuppusamy, Sachin Kumar Singh. Formulation and Evaluation of Consumer Friendly Facewash Tablet. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2021; 14(2):838-842. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00148.7 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-2-44
1. Khan AD, Alam MN, cosmetics and their associated adverse effects: a review Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, 2019, Volume 2, Issue 1, 1-6.
2. Sumit, Kumar and Swarnkar, Vandana and Sharma, Suhani and Baldi, Ashish. (2012). Herbal Cosmetics: Used for Skin and Hair. Inventi Rapid Cosmeceuticals. 2012. 1-7.
3. Kumar, Davinder and Rajora, Gajendra and Parkash, Om and Himanshu, Mamtaand Antil, Virender and Kumar, Importance of ayurvedic medicine in modern lifestyle: A keynote review study, International Journal of Advanced Educational Research, Volume 1; Issue 4; July 2016; Page No. 31-33.
4. Kao TC, Wu CH, Yen GC. Bioactivity and potential health benefits of licorice. Journal of agricultural and food chemistry. 2014 Jan 8; 62(3): 542-53. (melasma)
5. Jalal Bayati Zadeh, Zahra Moradi Kor, Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra Linn) As a Valuable Medicinal Plant, International journal of Advanced Biological and Biomedical Research Volume 1, Issue 10, 2013: 1281-1288.licochalcone
6. N. Radhakrishnan, M. Phil, A. Gnanamani, Ph.D., S. Sadulla, Ph.D. Effect of licorice (glycyhrriza glabra linn.), a skin-whitening agent on black molly (Poecilialatipinnaa), J. Appl. Cosmetol. 23, 2005, 749-758 dental
7. Lakshmi T, Geetha R. Vglycyrrhiza Glabra Linn Commonly Known as Licorice: A Therapeutic Review, International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol 3, Issue 4, 20¬-25. (lichen planus)
8. Joshi LS, Pawar HA (2015) Herbal Cosmetics and Cosmeceuticals: An Overview, Natural Products Chemistry and Research Volume 3 Issue 2, 2015, 1-8. Advantages.
9. Debjit Bhowmik, S. Duraivel, Rajalakshmi. A. N and K.P. Sampath Kumar, Tablet manufacturing process and defects of tablets, Elixir Pharmacy, 70 (2014) 24368-24374. preparation of facewash tablet
10. D.K. Sanghi and Rakesh Tiwle. Formulation and characterization of herbal face wash/scruber-Review Article EJPMR. ejpmr, 2016, 3(11), 274-278. Formulation development
11. Fatima grace x, anbarasan b, kanimozhi t, shanmuganathan s, preparation and evaluation of deep cleansing exfoliator Asian J Pharm Clin Res, Vol 11, Issue 7, 2018, 356-359 Evaluation
12. Devendra Sharma, M.D. Godbole, Ameya Lanjewar and Sushil burle Formulation and evaluation of tablets containing poorly watersoluble drug by madg method., World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, Vol 6, Issue 3, 2017, 1523-1537. Evaluation
13. Haritha B, A Review on Evaluation of Tablets, Journal of Formulation Science and Bioavailability, Volume 1 Issue 1, 1-5. Evaluation
14. Dhanashri Sanjay Koli, Abhyangshree Nandkumar Mane, Vinayak Balu Kumbhar, Kalyani Sanjay Shaha “Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Anti-Acne Face Wash”, World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol 5, Issue 6, 2016, 2001-2007. Evaluation
15. Lee E, An S, Choi D, Moon S, Chang I. Comparison of objective and sensory skin irritations of several cosmetic preservatives. Contact Dermatitis. 2007; 56(3):131-6. Irritation
16. Seema Yuvraj Mendhekar, Pratik Bharat Thorat, Nikita Nivruti Bodke, Jadhav S. L. and Gaikwad D, formulation and evaluation of gel containing neem, turmeric, aloe vera, green tea and lemon extract with activated charcoal and honey, European Journal of Pharmaceutical and Medical Research, 2017, 4(12), 439-443 irritation
17. Sanjay Bajaj, Dinesh Singla and Neha Sakhuja, Stability Testing of Pharmaceutical Products, Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science 02 (03); 2012: 129-138.
18. Usman Faisal, Javed Ibrahim, Saeed-ur-Rasheed, Nazar M. Ranjha, Liaqat Hussain, Asif Massud, Accelerated Stability Studies of Flurbiprofen Film Coated Tablets of Five Different National Brands in Pakistan, Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics; 2013, 3(2), 9-11.
19. Sachin B. Somwanshi, Kiran S. Kudale, Ramdas T. Dolas, Kiran B. Kotade, Formulation and Evaluation of Cosmetic Herbal Face Pack for Glowing Skin Int. J. Res. Ayurveda Pharm. 8 (Suppl 3), 2017,199-203.
20. Mujeeb Patwegar, Dr. Rohit R. Shah, Formulation and Evaluation of Sustained Release Tablet of Torsemide, Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2018; 11(11): 4924-4928.
21. Hitesh Chaturvedi, Ayush Garg and Udaibhan Singh Rathore, Post-Compression Evaluation Parameters for Tablets - An Overview, ejpmr, 2017, 4(11), 526-530.