Arpana Patil, Meenaxi M. Maste, Shailendra S. Suryawanshi, Nikita Patil
Arpana Patil1, Meenaxi M. Maste1*, Shailendra S. Suryawanshi1, Nikita Patil2
1Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, KLE College of Pharmacy Belagavi, KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research, Belagavi - 560010, Karnataka, India.
2Department of Quality Assurance, KLE College of Pharmacy Belagavi, KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research, Belagavi - 560010, Karnataka, India.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2022
Objectives: The goal of this study is to create and test a UV-Spectrophotometric method for estimating Rosuvastatin in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms utilizing a green solvent. Method: Development of UV-Spectrophotometric method was carried out by using 2% Sodium Lauryl Sulfate solution as green solvent. Rosuvastatin was detected at a wavelength of 242nm. According to ICH guidelines, the developed technique was verified in terms of linearity, precision, repeatability, limit of detection, limit of quantification, accuracy, and robustness. Rosuvastatin in pharmaceutical dose forms was successfully estimated using a newly developed and verified approach. Results: Rosuvastatin has a maximum absorption wavelength of 242nm. In the concentration range of 5-25µg/ml, Beer's law was followed. The detection and quantification limits were found to be 1.58µg/ml and 4.79µg/ml, respectively. The recovery of Rosuvastatin Calcium in tablet form was found to be between 97 and 102 percent. All of the precision and repeatability results fell within acceptable limits. Rosuvastatin was tested and found to be 98.88%. Conclusion: The method was found to be simple, environment friendly, reproducible and economical and can be used for routine analysis of Rosuvastatin in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form. The 2% Sodium Lauryl Sulfate solution can be used as Green solvent.
Cite this article:
Arpana Patil, Meenaxi M. Maste, Shailendra S. Suryawanshi, Nikita Patil. Green Solvent Assisted UV-Spectrophotometric Method for Estimation of Rosuvastatin in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(2):587-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00096
Arpana Patil, Meenaxi M. Maste, Shailendra S. Suryawanshi, Nikita Patil. Green Solvent Assisted UV-Spectrophotometric Method for Estimation of Rosuvastatin in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(2):587-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00096 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-2-16
1. Goodman and Gillman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 11th Edition, 2006, 933-966.
2. Rajkondwar V, Maini P, Vishwakarma M. Characterization and method development for estimation and validation of Rosuvastatin Calcium by UV-visible spectrophotometry. International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Sciences 2009; 1(1):48-53.
3. Uyar B, Celebier M, Vishwakarma M. Spectrophotometric Determination of RSV Calcium in tablets. Pharmazie 2007; 64(6): 411-413.
4. Gupta A, Mishra P, Shah K. UV Spectrophotometric determination of Rosuvastatin Calcium in pure form and in pharmaceutical formulations. E-journal of chemistry 2005; 6(1): 89-92.
5. Karunakaran A, Subhash V, Chinthala R, Muthuvijayan J. Simultaneous Estimation of Rosuvastatin Calcium and Fenofibratein Bulk and in Tablet Dosage Form by UV-Spectrophotometry and RP-HPLC. Stamford Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2011; 4(1): 58-63.
6. Mobin R, Rangreez TA. Identification of Sodium Lauryl Sulphate in Toothpaste using Green Solvent by Thin-Layer Chromatography. IJETSR 2017; 4(10):212-215.
7. Kaur I, Wakode S, Singh HP. Development and Validation of UV Spectroscopic Method for Determination of Canagliflozin in Bulk and Pharmaceutical dosage Form. Pharm Methods 2015; 6(2): 82-86.
8. Pancham Y, Patil N. Validated UV-Spectrophotometric Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Curcumin and Gallic Acid in Bulk Powder. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2020; 9(4): 102-108.
9. ICH guidelines, Validation of Analytical Procedures: Methodology: International Conference on Harmonization, Q2B: Geneva.
10. D. Sridharan, Umarani A. Thenmozhi, L. Pavan Kumar, Aswani Dutt Chintalapati, M. Venkata Ramanaiah, Yelika Phanikishore. Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric Method of Darifenacin Hydrobromide in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 1(3): July-Sept. 2011; Page 43-45.
11. J. Nagamallika, Aruna Mahesh. Development and Validation of Spectrophotometric Method for the Estimation of Aripiprazole in Tablet Dosage Form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 1(3): July-Sept. 2011; Page 46-49
12. Md. Ahsanul Haque, Mohammad Shahriar, Most. Nazma Parvin, S. M. Ashraful Islam. Validated RP-HPLC Method for Estimation of Ranitidine Hydrochloride, Domperidone and Naproxen in Solid Dosage Form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 1(3): July-Sept. 2011; Page 59-63.
13. Asma Afroz, Tasnuva Haque, Md. Mesbah Uddin Talukder, S. M. Ashraful Islam. Spectrophotometric Estimation of RSV Calcium and Glimepiride in Tablet Dosage Form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 1(4): Oct. - Dec. 2011; Page 74-78.
14. Sharmin Reza Chowdhury, Mahfuza Maleque, Mahbubul Hoque Shihan. Development and Validation of a Simple RP-HPLC Method for Determination of Caffeine in Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2(1): Jan.-Mar. 2012; Page 01-04.
15. Yogita R. Indalkar, Aloorkar N.H. Validation of Eugenol in Ethanol by UV Spectrophotometric Method. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 5(4): 2015; 178-180.
16. Manoranjan Sabat, Sharada Nalla, Venkateswarlu Goli, Sravan Prasad Macherla, Praveena Kumari Matta, Madhu Chandaka S. A New Analytical Method Development and Validation for Estimation of Ciprofloxacin in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2(4): Oct. - Dec. 2012; Page 116-117.
17. Mahawar Sheetal. A Simple Ultraviolet Spectrophotometric Method for the Estimation of Docetaxel in Bulk Drug and Formulation. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 3(2): April- June 2013; Page 48-52.
18. K. Pramod, Shahid H. Ansari, Javed Ali. Development and validation of UV spectrophotometric method for the quantitative estimation of eugenol. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 3(2): April- June 2013; Page 58-61.
19. B. Siddartha, I. Sudheer Babu, A. Krupalini, Prathyusha V. Development and Validation of UV– Spectrophotometric Method of Tolterodine in bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 3(3): July-Sept. 2013; Page 102-104.
20. N. Vanaja, Ch. Preethi, S.Y. Manjunath, Krishanu Pal. Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Estimation of Telmisartan and Ramipril by UV-Spectrophotometric Method in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 5(4): October- December, 2015; Page 187-194.