Dushyant Gangwar, Rajdeep Malik, Jasvinder Kaur
Dushyant Gangwar*, Rajdeep Malik, Jasvinder Kaur
Department of Chemistry, Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India, 249404.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2022
In this work, electro-oxidation of 4-Aminoantipyrine is investigated by using cyclic voltammetry technique at platinum electrode. The oxidation process was shown to be irreversible over at the pH range 2.0 and the number of electron transferred in the process was calculated. Kinetic and electrochemical parameters for the reaction such as standard heterogeneous rate constant (k0, 2.145 x103 s-1), anodic electron transfer rate constant (kox, 2.316 x 103 s-1), electron dependence of the current on scan rate was examined for the electro-oxidation of 4-Aminoantipyrine. Electron transfer coefficient (?, 1.38) of reaction and formal potential (E0, 0.5562 V) of electrode were evaluated under the influence of scan rate.
Cite this article:
Dushyant Gangwar, Rajdeep Malik, Jasvinder Kaur. Electrochemical Behaviour of 4-Aminoantipyrine at a Platinum Electrode: Kinetic Study. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(2):551-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00089
Dushyant Gangwar, Rajdeep Malik, Jasvinder Kaur. Electrochemical Behaviour of 4-Aminoantipyrine at a Platinum Electrode: Kinetic Study. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(2):551-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00089 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-2-9
1. Boyd GR, Reemtsma H, Grimm DA, Mitra S. Pharmaceuticals and personal care products (PPCPs) in surface and treated waters of Louisiana, USA and Ontario, Canada. Science of the total Environment. 2003;311(1-3):135-49.
2. Richardson BJ, Lam PK, Martin M. Emerging chemicals of concern: pharmaceuticals and personal care products (PPCPs) in Asia, with particular reference to Southern China. Marine pollution bulletin. 2005;50(9):913-20.
3. AL-Memary KA, Al-Hyali EA, Toohi HT. Adsorption of New Azo Dyes Derived From 4-Aminoantipyrine from Aqueous solution by A New Type of Activated Carbon: Equilibrium and Kinetic Studies. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2019;12(3):1206-18.
4. Delisha AS, Sebastian FF, Chellappan S. Common pollutants and health hazards among residents of villages near the bank of AVM canal: A Descriptive study. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2020;8(3):353-7.
5. Da Silva LD, Gozzi F, Sirés I, Brillas E, De Oliveira SC, Junior AM. Degradation of 4-aminoantipyrine by electro-oxidation with a boron-doped diamond anode: Optimization by central composite design, oxidation products and toxicity. Science of The Total Environment. 2018;631-632:1079-88.
6. Pradyusa S, Pati RC, Panda CR, Rout SP. The problem of ground water pollution: a case study from Paradip Port city, India. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2011;4(6):957-9.
7. Daughton CG, Ternes TA. Pharmaceuticals and personal care products in the environment: agents of subtle change?. Environmental health perspectives. 1999 ;107(l 6):907-38.
8. Anupama B, Sunitha M, Kumari CG. Synthesis, Characterization, DNA Binding and Antimicrobial Activity of Copper (II) Complexes with 4-Aminoantipyrine Schiff Bases. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2011;4(10):1529-35.
9. Kornis GI. Pyrazoles, Pyrazolines, and Pyrazolones. Kirk‐Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology. 2000.
10. Prieto-Rodríguez L, Oller I, Klamerth N, Agüera A, Rodríguez EM, Malato S. Application of solar AOPs and ozonation for elimination of micropollutants in municipal wastewater treatment plant effluents. Water research. 2013;47(4):1521-8.
11. Campos-Mañas MC, Plaza-Bolaños P, Sánchez-Pérez JA, Malato S, Agüera A. Fast determination of pesticides and other contaminants of emerging concern in treated wastewater using direct injection coupled to highly sensitive ultra-high performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. Journal of Chromatography A. 2017;1507:84-94.
12. Ibatte SN. Synthesis and Characterization of N2O2 type Metal Complexes derived from 4-Aminoantipyrine, 4-Nitrobenzaldyhyde and Acetylacetone. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2017;10(2):166-73.
13. Sheriff AK, Shafi SS. Synthesis, Characterization and Antimicrobial Activity of Novel Schiff's Base Complexes of some Transition Metal Ions. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2011;4(4):636-9.
14. Hu X, Yang J, Yang C, Zhang J. UV/H2O2 degradation of 4-aminoantipyrine: a voltammetric study. Chemical Engineering Journal. 2010;161(1-2):68-72.
15. Gowda JI, Nandibewoor ST. Electrochemical behavior of 4-aminophenazone drug at a graphite pencil electrode and its application in real samples. Industrial & engineering chemistry research. 2012;51(49):15936-41.
16. Vinagre AM, Collares EF. Effect of 4-aminoantipyrine on gastric compliance and liquid emptying in rats. Brazilian Journal of Medical and Biological Research. 2007;40(7):903-9.
17. Munoz I, Rodriguez A, Rosal R, Fernandez-Alba AR. Life cycle assessment of urban wastewater reuse with ozonation as tertiary treatment: a focus on toxicity-related impacts. Science of the total environment. 2009;407(4):1245-56.
18. Ternes T, Bonerz M, Schmidt T. Determination of neutral pharmaceuticals in wastewater and rivers by liquid chromatography–electrospray tandem mass spectrometry. Journal of Chromatography A. 2001;938(1-2):175-85.
19. Emerson E. Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Waste Water, American Public Health Association, Washington, DC, 1989; 17th ed. pp 5−51.
20. Majlat P. Gas chromatography determination of atropine, theophylline, phenobarbital and aminophenazone in tablets. Die Pharmazie. 1984;39(5):325-26
21. Penney L, Bergeron C, Coates B, Wijewickreme A. Simultaneous determination of residues of dipyrone and its major metabolites in milk, bovine muscle, and porcine muscle by liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry. Journal of AOAC International. 2005;88(2):496-504.
22. Nukatsuka I, Nakamura S, Watanabe K, OHZEKI K. Determination of phenol in tap water and river water samples by solid-phase spectrophotometry. Analytical sciences. 2000;16(3):269-73.
23. Chatterjee A. Different electrodes for paracetamol estimation using cyclic voltammetry technique: A review. Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 2017;9(2):88-92.
24. Ramalakshmi N, Marichamy B. Sensing of Lead and Copper Metal Ions by Substituted N-Methyl Piperazine Compound on Glassy Carbon Electrode. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2011;4(12):1920-7.
25. Nicholson RS, Shain I. Theory of stationary electrode polarography. Single scan and cyclic methods applied to reversible, irreversible, and kinetic systems. Analytical chemistry. 1964;36(4):706-23.
26. Lee H, Lee JH, Hwang YH, Kim Y. Cyclic voltammetry study of electrodeposition of CuGaSe2 thin films on ITO-glass substrates. Current Applied Physics. 2014;14(1):18-22.
27. Schneider M, Türke A, Fischer WJ, Kilmartin PA. Determination of the wine preservative sulphur dioxide with cyclic voltammetry using inkjet printed electrodes. Food chemistry. 2014;159:428-32.
28. Wang J. Electroanalytical techniques in clinical chemistry and laboratory medicine. John Wiley & Sons. 1988
29. Hassan SA, Lateef SM, Majeed IY. Structural, Spectral and Thermal studies of new bidentate Schiff base ligand type (NO) derived from Mebendazol and 4-Aminoantipyrine and it's metal complexes and evaluation of their biological activity. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2020;13(6):3001-6.
30. Allen JB, Larry RF. Electrochemical methods fundamentals and applications. John Wiley & Sons; 2001.
31. Compton RG, Banks CE. Understanding Voltammetry, second edition, Imperial College Press. 2011.
32. Lalitha P, Sivakamasundari S. Effect of Variation of Concentration and pH on the Cyclic Voltammetric Behaviour of 4-Methyl-3-Vinyl Quinoline-2 (1h)-One at Glassy Carbon Electrode. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2010;3(4):1015-9.
33. Wudarska E, Chrzescijanska E, Kusmierek E, Rynkowski J. Voltammetric studies of acetylsalicylic acid electrooxidation at platinum electrode. Electrochimica Acta. 2013;93:189-94.
34. Gosser DK. Cyclic voltammetry: simulation and analysis of reaction mechanisms. New York: VCH; 1993.
35. Laviron E. General expression of the linear potential sweep voltammogram in the case of diffusionless electrochemical systems. Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry and Interfacial Electrochemistry. 1979;101(1):19-28.
36. Wu Y, Ji X, Hu S. Studies on electrochemical oxidation of azithromycin and its interaction with bovine serum albumin. Bioelectrochemistry. 2004;64(1):91-7.
37. Van Benschoten JJ, Lewis JY, Heineman WR, Roston DA, Kissinger PT. Cyclic voltammetry experiment. Journal of Chemical Education. 1983;60(9):772-76.