Murali Dadi, Indra Sen Singh, Purnachandra Rao G
Murali Dadi1*, Indra Sen Singh1, Purnachandra Rao G2
1Department of Chemistry, Copperbelt University, Jambo Drive, Kitwe, Zambia.
2Department of Chemistry, NRI Institute of Technology, Pothavarpadu, Agiripalli, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2022
This study developed a sensitive and straightforward extractive spectroscopic method to estimate Etravirine (ETR) using TPooo as an analytical reagent in pure and pharmaceutical dosage forms. This method was achieved based on the extractable chloroform complex formed with Tropeoline ooo (TPooo) in an acidic media. Following Beer’s law, the extractable complex showed the absorbance maximum at 485nm at the concentration ranges between 12.5-75 µg/ml with the molar absorptivity 2.195 x 103 L/mole /cm and the Sandell’s sensitivity 0.1549 µg cm-2. The result of Etravirine estimation for the present method has been validated statistically by recovery studies, and the developed method was simple, sensitive, accurate, and precise. It was validated following International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines and also successfully applied for the estimation of Etravirine in tablet dosage forms.
Cite this article:
Murali Dadi, Indra Sen Singh, Purnachandra Rao G. Extractive determination study of Etravirine by using Tpooo as an Analytical reagent in Pure and Pharmaceutical dosage forms. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(3):1145-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00192
Murali Dadi, Indra Sen Singh, Purnachandra Rao G. Extractive determination study of Etravirine by using Tpooo as an Analytical reagent in Pure and Pharmaceutical dosage forms. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(3):1145-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00192 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-3-35
1. Schiller DS, Youssef BM. Etravirine: a second-generation non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI) active against NNRTI-resistant strains of HIV. 2009; 31 (4): 692-704.
2. García FG, Estévez MA, Suay VG. Chemical characteristics, mechanism of action and antiviral activity of etravirine. Enfermedades Infecciosas Y Microbiologia Clinica. 2009; 27 (Suppl 2): 2-5.
3. Ciaffi L, Cavassini M, Genne D, Delhumeau C, Spycher ER, Hill A, et al., Switch to Etravirine for HIV-positive patients receiving statin treatment: a prospective study. European Journal of Clinical Investigation. 2015; 45 (7): 720-730.
4. Casado JL, Bañón S, Rodriguez MA, Moreno A, Moreno S. Efficacy and pharmacokinetics of the combination of Etravirine plus raltegravir as novel dual antiretroviral maintenance regimen in HIV-infected patients. Antiviral Research. 2015; 113: 103-106.
5. Vingerhoets J, Calvez V, Flandre P, Marcelin AG, Ceccherini-Silberstein F. Efficacy of Etravirine combined with darunavir or other ritonavir-boosted protease inhibitors in HIV-1- infected patients: an observational study using pooled European cohort data. HIV Medicine. 2015; 16 (5): 297-306.
6. Reddaiah CV, Devi PR, Mukkanti K, Rao KS. Estimation of Etravirine by UV-Visible spectroscopic method in tablet dosage form and it’s in vitro dissolution assessment. International Journal of Pharmacy Research and Development. 2012; 4 (3): 287-295.
7. Murali D, Venkatrao S.V, Rambabu C. Spectrophotometric Determination of Etravirine in Bulk and Pharmaceutical formulations. American Journal of Analytical Chemistry. 2014; 5: 77-82.
8. Barath M., Chandan R.S., Maruthi R., Paramakrishnan. Analytical method development and validation of Etravirine by UV Spectroscopy. Research Journal of Pharmcy and Techology. 2020; 13(10): 4707-4710.
9. Aleem A, Krishnamurthy G, Bhojyanaik HS, Ramesh S. Development and validation of stability indicating ultra performance liquid chromatographic method for Etravirine. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2012; 4 (1): 255-261.
10. Reddy CM, Reddy KH. A novel validated stability indicative UPLC method for Etravirine for the determination of process related and degradation impurities. American Journal of Analytical Chemistry. 2012; 3 (12): 840-848.
11. Djerada Z, Feliu C, Tournois C, Vautier D, Binet L, Robinet A, et al. Validation of a fast method for quantitative analysis of elvitegravir, raltegravir, maraviroc, Etravirine, tenofovir, boceprevir and 10 other antiretroviral agents in human plasma samples with a new UPLC-MS/MS technology. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, 2013; 86: 100-111.
12. Abobo CV, Wu L, John J, Joseph MK, Bates TR, Liang D. LC-MS/MS determination of Etravirine in rat plasma and its application in pharmacokinetic studies. Journal of Chromatography B Analytical Technologies in the Biomedical and Life Sciences. 2010; 878 (30): 3181-3186.
13. Fayet A, Beguin A, Zanolari B, Cruchon S, Guignard N, Telenti A et al. A LC-tandem MS assay for the simultaneous measurement of new antiretroviral agents: Raltegravir, maraviroc, darunavir and Etravirine. Journal of Chromatography B. 2009; 877 (11-12): 1057-1069.
14. Heine R, Rosing H, Gorp ECM, Mulder JW, Beijnen JH, Huitema ADR. Quantification of Etravirine (TMC125) in plasma, dried blood spots and peripheral blood mononuclear cell lysate by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 2009; 49 (2): 393-400.
15. Rezk NZ, White NR, Jennings SH, Kashuba ADM. A novel LC-ESI-MS method for the simultaneous determination of Etravirine, darunavir and ritonavir in human blood plasma. Talanta. 2009; 79 (5):1372-1378.
16. Anna KB, Yonghou J, Dale W, Kim A.W. Simultaneous measurement of Etravirine, maraviroc and raltegravir in pigtail macaque plasma, vaginal secretions and vaginal tissue using a LC–MS/MS assay. Journal of Chromatography B Analytical Technologies in the Biomedical and Life Sciences. 2016; 1025: 110-118.
17. Else L, Watson V, Tjia J, Hughes A, Siccardi M, Khoo S, et al.Validation of a rapid and sensitive high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (HPLC-MS/MS) assay for the simultaneous determination of existing and new antiretroviral compounds. Journal of Chromatography B. 2010; 878 (19): 1455-1465.
18. D’Avolio A, Simiele M, Siccardi M, Baietto L, Sciandra M, Bonora S et al., HPLC-MS method for the quantification of nine anti-HIV drugs from dry plasma spot on glass filter and their long term stability in different conditions. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 2010; 52 (5): 774-780.
19. Raja AP, Venkateshwar RJ. HPTLC method development and validation for determination of Etravirine in bulk and tablet dosage form. International Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences. 2013; 3(3): 515-522.
20. Murali D, Rambabu C. Development and validation of stability indicating RP-HPLC method for the quantification of Etravirine in tablet dosage form. Der Pharmacia Lettre. 2015; 7 (12): 216-226.
21. Somsubhra Ghosh, Sailaja A and Ravikumar BVV. Analytical method development and validation of Etravirine in its bulk dosage form by using reverse phase high performance liquid chromatography method as per international conference on harmonization guidelines. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, 2015. 8(2): 147-150.
22. Monika S G, Thomas N K, Goedele D S, Hilde V, Marie P B, Monika P et al. A pharmacokinetic study of Etravirine (TMC125) co-administered with ranitidine and omeprazole in HIV–negative volunteers. British Journal Clinical Pharmacology. 2008; 66 (4): 508-516.
23. ICH Validation of analytical procedures; Text and methodology; Q2 (R1), International Conference on Harmonization, 2005.
24. Raghu Babu K, Chandra Sekhar N, Aruna Kumari V, Jagannadha Rao. Novel spectrophotometric methods for the determination clopidogrel bisulphate in bulk and pharmaceutical formulations by cobalt thiocyanate and Tpooo. Der Pharmacia Lettre, 2015; 7(3): 241-246.