Deepthi Sandhala, Srinivas Lankalapalli
firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Deepthi Sandhala*, Srinivas Lankalapalli
GITAM Institute of Pharmacy, GITAM Deemed to be University, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam-530045, Andra Pradesh, India.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2022
The study was aimed to conduct a pharmacokinetic evaluation of Raltegravir in rabbit plasma using a sensitive HPLC method. The plasma samples were assayed by Waters alliance e-2695 HPLC instrument using X-bridge phenyl hexyl column (150x4.6mm, 5 µ) under isocratic condition. Acetonitrile and Tri ethyl amine buffer (30:70 v/v) was used as mobile phase with a flow rate of 1 ml/min. The eluent was monitored at 312 nm for measurement of Raltegravir. The calibration curve was linear in the range of 25-1000 ng/ml. The application denotes all the parameters of system suitability, specificity, linearity and accuracy are in good agreement with USFDA guidelines and applied effectively for the investigation of pharmacokinetic studies in rabbit.
Cite this article:
Deepthi Sandhala, Srinivas Lankalapalli. Development of New Analytical method for the Estimation of Raltegravir in Rabbit plasma. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(4):1800-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00302
Deepthi Sandhala, Srinivas Lankalapalli. Development of New Analytical method for the Estimation of Raltegravir in Rabbit plasma. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(4):1800-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00302 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-4-68
1. Eisinger RW, Dieffenbach CW, Fauci AS. HIV viral load and transmissibility of HIV infection. Undetectable equals of untransmittable. JAMA. 2019; 321 (5): 451-452.
2. Eshun-Wilson I, Siegfried N, Akena DH, Stein DJ, Obuku EA, Joska JA. Antidepressants for depression in adults with HIV infection. The Cochrane data base of systematic reviews. 2018; 1 (1): CD-008525.
3. Lundgren JD, Babiker AG, Gordin F, Emery S, Grund B, Sharma S et al. Initiation of antiretroviral therapy in anti asymptomatic HIV infection. A New England Journal of Medicine. 2015; 373 (9): 795-807.
4. British national formulary. BNF 69 ed. British Medical Association. 2015; 429.
5. CDC. Updated dosing instructions for immune globulin gamastan SD for hepatitis A virus prophylaxis. MMWR. Morbidity and mortality weekly report. 2017; 66 (36): 959-960.
6. Shih CC, Kaneshima H, Rabin L, Namikawa R, Sager P, McGowan J, McCune JM. Postexposure prophylaxis with zidovudine suppresses human immune deficiency virus type I infection in SCID-hu mice in a time dependent manner. The Journal of Infectious Diseases. 1991; 163 (3): 625-7.
7. Kuhar, David T, Henderson, David K, Struble, Kimberly A et al. Updated US public health service guidelines for the management of occupational exposures to human immune deficiency virus and recommendations for postexposure prophylaxis. Infection control and hospital epidemiology. 2013; 34 (9): 875-892.
8. Qaseem A, Kansagara D, Forciea MA, Cooke M, Denberg TD. Management of chronic insomnia disorder in adults. A clinical practice guideline from the American college of physicians. Annals of internal medicine. 2016; 165 (2): 125-33.
9. Lord C, Sekerovic Z, Carrier J. Sleep regulation and sex hormones exposures in men and women across adult hood. Pathologie and Biologie. 2014; 62 (5): 302-10.
10. Furyk, Jeremy S, Meek, Robert A, Egerton, Warburton, Diana. Drugs for the treatment of nausea and vomiting in adults in the emergency department setting. Reviews 2015; 9 (9): CD010106.
11. Sicherer SH, Sampson HA. Food allergy, epidemiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis and treatment. The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2014; 133 (2): 291-307.quiz 308.
12. Wheatley LM, Togias A. Clinical practice. Allergic rhinitis. The New England Journal of Medicine. 2015; 372 (5): 456-63.
13. Lerch M, Mainetti C, Terziroli-beretta-Piccoli B, Harr T. Current perspectives on Steven-johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis. Clinical Reviews in allergy and Immunology. 2017; 54 (1): 147-176.
14. Maverakis, Emanual, Wang, Elizabeth A, Shinkai, Kanade, Mahasirimongkol, Surakameth, Margolis, David J et al. Steven Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis standard reporting and evaluation guidelines. JAMA dermatology. 2017; 153 (6): 587-592.
15. Steigbigel RT, Cooper DA, Kumar PN et al. Raltegravir with optimized background therapy for resistant HIV-1 infection. N Engl J Med. 2008; 359 (4): 339-54.
16. Tejaswi K J, Govinda Rajan R. RP-HPLC method development and validation for simultaneous estimation and forced degradation studies of lamivudine and raltegravir in solid dosage form. International Journal of Applied Pharmaceutics. 2018; (6):242-248.
17. Lakshmi T, Annapurna A, Krishna G R. HPLC method development and validation for determination of raltegravir in blood plasma. Int J Pharm Bio Sci. 2015; (6):113-120.
18. Sudha T, Shanmugasundaram P. Development and validation of RP-HPLC and HPTLC chromatographic methods of analysis for the quantitative estimation of raltegravir potassium in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2011; 4(11): 1746-1750.
19. Bhavyasri K, Murali B V, Nageshwarao R, Rambabu D, Sasikiran G E, Ajitha E. Development and Validation of Forced Degradation Studies of Raltegravir using RP-HPLC and Characterization of Degradants by LC-MS/MS. J. Pharm. Sci. & Res. 2015; 7(9):685-689.
20. Bhavani S, Srinivasa Rao A, Aneeta S B, Sumanth Reddy B, Azhaniddin M, Basanth Reddy B, Arun T. Method development and validation of raltegravir by RP-HPLC method. Int. J. of Pharmacy and Analytical Research. 2019; 8(3):320-328.