The information regarding the DNA sequences of plant is very limited. When knowledge of the DNA sequence of the targeted genome is unavailable several PCR based techniques (RAPD, ITS, AFLP, SSR markers, SNP markers) are utilized to accumulate information about the genetic adaptability. Random Amplification of Polymorphic DNA is a technique by which the random segments of DNA are amplified. Short nucleotide primers (8–12 nucleotides) are used to proceed with the PCR using genomic DNA, for fragments to amplify. The primers bind somewhere in the sequence. By comparing the banding matrix the DNA patterns can be ascertained. RAPD has been utilized to characterize, trace the phylogeny of diverse plant species. Internal transcribed spacer (ITS) is to a non-functional RNA situated between structural ribosomal RNAs (rRNA) on a transcript. The sequence of rRNA precursor transcript is the 5' external transcribed sequence (5' ETS), 18S rRNA, ITS1, 5.8S rRNA, ITS2, 28S rRNA and the 3'ETS read from 5' to 3' direction. The complete sequence repeats themselves in tandem array for thousands of copies separated by regions of non-transcribed DNA termed non-transcribed spacer (NTS) or intergenic spacer (IGS). There is the presence of two ITS regions in eukaryotes. The first one located between 18S and 5.8S rRNA genes is called ITS1, while the next in the sequence is ITS2 that lies between 5.8S and 26S rRNA genes in plants. Each eukaryotic ribosomal cluster follows the sequence of the 5' external transcribed sequence (5' ETS), trailed by the 18S rRNA gene, the ITS1 and the 5.8S rRNA gene, the ITS2, the 28S rRNA gene, and finally the 3' ETS. ETS and ITS pieces are excised and rapidly degraded during rRNA maturation. In our study four different gilled mushrooms were analyzed for RAPD and ITS study.
Cite this article:
Ushri Roy, Urmi Roy. Interrelationship amongst varieties of edible mushroom through Molecular marker Study. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(5):2208-5. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00367
Ushri Roy, Urmi Roy. Interrelationship amongst varieties of edible mushroom through Molecular marker Study. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(5):2208-5. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00367 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-5-49
1. Khatua S., Paul S., Acharya K. Mushroom as the Potential Source of New Generation of Antioxidant: A Review. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2013; 6 (5): 496-505.
2. Murthykumar K. The Impact of mushroom, chicory extracts, fresh fruits, xylitol containing chewing gums and milk products on dental caries-A Review. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2014; 7(2): 266-268.
3. Bose S., Mandal S.K., Hossain P., Das A., Das P., Nandy S., Giri S.K., Chakraborti C.K. Phytochemical and Pharmacological Potentials of Agaricus bisporus. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2019; 12 (8): 3811-3817.
4. Chandrashekar A., Muralidharan A., Koteshwara A., Alex A.T., Subrahmanyam V.M. Isolation and Characterization of an actinomycete strain producing an antifungal metabolite effective against Candida albicans. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2019; 12(10):4601-4606.
5. Kermasha H.S.N.. Effect of Fermentation Oyster Mushrooms (Pleurotus ostreatus) on Grain Barly contaminated with Fungus exudate toxins Fusarium sporotrichioides and the inhibition growth and Degradation Toxins produced by it. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2019; 12(12): 5677-5682. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2019.00982.X
6. Kamalambigeswari R., Sharmila S., Kowsalya E., Janani S.S., Deva V., Rebecca L.J. Extraction of Omega-3 Fatty Acid -methyl stearate from Soil Fungi (Fusarium sp.). Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2019; 12(9):4295-4298.
7. Bansal V., Tyagi S., Ghosh K., Gupta A. Extraction of protein from Mushroom and determining its Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory Potential. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(12):6017-6021. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.01049.5
8. Karnwal A., Dohroo A., Sharma S. Analysing the Biocontrol Attribute of Indigenous Mushroom concentrates against Pathogenic bacterial spp. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13 (1) :173-177. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00035.9
9. Choi IY., Hong S.B., and Yadav M.C. Molecular and morphological characterization of green mold, Trichoderma spp. isolated from oyster mushrooms. Mycobiology. 2003; 31.2: 74-80.
10. Yan PS, Luo XC, Zhou Q. RAPD molecular differentiation of the cultivated strains of the jelly mushrooms, Auricularia auricula and A. polytricha. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology. 2004;20(8):795-9.
11. Shukla K., Shukla S.S., Jain V., Pandey R., Jain S., Saraf S., Saraf S. Fingerprinting of Traditional Medicines through RAPD Technology: - A Newer Approach. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2008; 1(2); 63-68.
12. Rolim LD, Cavalcante MA, Urben AF, Buso GS. Use of RAPD molecular markers on differentiation of Brazilian and Chinese Ganoderma lucidum strains. Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology. 2011; 54(2):273-81.
13. Agarwal K., Prasad M. P., and Rindhe G. Genomic discrimination of eleven commercial mushrooms by DNA fingerprinting using RAPD marker. Int Res J Biol Sci 2.10 (2013): 1-5.
14. Khan N.A., Binyamin R., Awan F.S., Khan A,I., Waseem M.U. Genetic diversity of edible mushroom Pleurotus spp. revealed by randomly amplified polymorphic DNA fingerprinting. Pak. J. Bot. 2017 ; 49 (4) :1517-21.
15. Chen J., Moinard M., Xu J., Wang S., Foulongne-Oriol M., Zhao R., Hyde K.D., Callac P. Genetic analyses of the internal transcribed spacer sequences suggest introgression and duplication in the medicinal mushroom Agaricus subrufescens. PLoS One. 2016; 26; 11 (5).
16. Zhao M., Zhang J., Chen Q., Wu X., Gao .W, Deng W., Huang C. The famous cultivated mushroom Bailinggu is a separate species of the Pleurotus eryngii species complex. Scientific Reports. 2016; 6 (1):1-9.
17. Raja H.A., Baker T.R., Little J.G., Oberlies N.H. DNA barcoding for identification of consumer-relevant mushrooms: A partial solution for product certification?. Food Chemistry. 2017; 214 : 383-92.
18. Rukmana S., Ansori A.N.M., Kusala M.K.J., Utami U., Wahyudi D., Mandasari A.A. Molecular Identification of Trichoderma Isolates from Sugarcane Bagasse Based on Internal Transcribed Spacer (ITS) rDNA. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(7): 3300-3304. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00585.5.
19. Sun Y., Skinner D.Z., Liang G.H., Hulbert S.H. Phylogenetic analysis of Sorghum and related taxa using internal transcribed spacers of nuclear ribosomal DNA. Theoretical and Applied Genetics. 1994; 89 (1) :26-32.
20. Altschul SF, Madden TL, Schäffer AA, Zhang J, Zhang Z, Miller W, Lipman DJ. Gapped BLAST and PSI-BLAST: a new generation of protein database search programs. Nucleic Acids Research. 1997 Sep 1 ; 25(17):3389-402.