Nisha kumari, Amit Chaudhary, Kapil Kumar Verma, Kritika Verma, Geetanjali Saini, Manish Vyas, Bhupendra Singh
Nisha kumari1, Amit Chaudhary2, Kapil Kumar Verma2, Kritika Verma2, Geetanjali Saini4, Manish Vyas3, Bhupendra Singh4*
1Abhilashi College of Pharmacy, Mandi, HP.
4College of Pharmacy, Teerthankar Mahaveer University, Moradabad, UP.
2School of Pharmacy, Abhilashi University, Mandi H.P, India.
3School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Lovely Professional University Phagwara.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 7,
Year - 2022
A simple, accurate, precise, and rapid UV spectrophotometric method was developed for simultaneous estimation of Etoricoxib and Thiocolchicoside in the tablet dosage form. Etoricoxib showed maximum absorbance at 270 nm, while Thiocolchicoside showed maximum absorbance at 260 nm. These two wavelengths were selected for further analysis. The developed method was validated as ICH guidelines including parameters as linearity, range, precision, LOD, LOQ, and accuracy. The absorbance range for Etoricoxib (5-30 µg/ml) was found to be 0.210-0.799. These aliquots obeyed Beer-Lambert’s law with regression of 0.995. The absorbance range of Thiocolchicoside (5-30 µg/ml) was found to be 0.147-0.468 with a regression of 0.998. The method of precision (interday, intraday) was found within limits (RSD>2). The % recovery was found to be within the range. As per the ICH Q2 R1 guideline, the result was validated statistically and was found to be satisfactory.
Cite this article:
Nisha kumari, Amit Chaudhary, Kapil Kumar Verma, Kritika Verma, Geetanjali Saini, Manish Vyas, Bhupendra Singh. Development and validation of an analytical method for the simultaneous estimation of Etoricoxib and Thiocolchicoside in tablet dosage form by UV Spectrophotometric method. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(7):3051-6. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00510
Nisha kumari, Amit Chaudhary, Kapil Kumar Verma, Kritika Verma, Geetanjali Saini, Manish Vyas, Bhupendra Singh. Development and validation of an analytical method for the simultaneous estimation of Etoricoxib and Thiocolchicoside in tablet dosage form by UV Spectrophotometric method. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(7):3051-6. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00510 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-7-32
1. Vijayageetha R., Shantha A. Simultaneous spectrophotometric determination of Etoricoxib and Paracetamol in tablets by chemometric methods, European Journal of Pharmaceutical and Medical Research. 2017; 4(6), 159-164.
2. Shaikh Ameen, Gupta M.K, Development and validation of a new simple, sensitive, and validated UV-spectrophotometric and rp-HPLC method for the simultaneous estimation of Paracetamol and Etodolac in marketed formulation Journal of Drug Delivery & Therapeutics. 2017; 7(4):120-124.
3. Sachin Gholve, Omprakash Bhusnure, Development and Validation of A RP - HPLC Method for Determination of Etoricoxib in Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Int J Pharm Bio Sci. 2016; 7(2): 246 – 53.
4. Chandra Raju, Kumar Deepak, Develop a Simple RP-HPLC and UV-Visible Method for Estimation of Etoricoxib from Pharmaceutical Dosage, British Biomedical Bulletin. 2014; 2(4)706-713.
5. Patel Prinesh N., Samanthula Ganandhamu, RP-HPLC Method for Determination of Several NSAIDs and Their Combination Drugs, Hindawi Publishing Corporation. 2013; 5(2): 156-62
6. Singh Shipra, Mishra Amrita, A simple Ultraviolet spectrophotometric method for the determination of Etoricoxib in dosage formulations, Journal of Advanced Pharmaceutical Technology & Research. 2012; 3 (4) 237-240.
7. S. Suresh Kumar, Natraj D, Khan Asadulla, Khan, Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous estimation of Etoricoxib and Thiocolchicoside in Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Chemistry. 2011; 1(3): 649-653.
8. Choudhari V.P., Sanket R. Parekar Development and validation of UV-visible spectrophotometric baseline manipulation methodology for simultaneous analysis of Drotraverine and Etoricoxib in pharmaceutical dosage forms. Pharmaceutical Methods. 2011; 2(4): 247-252.
9. Gupta K.R, Amruta Likhar Application of Stability Indicating HPLC Method for Quantitative Determination of Etoricoxib and Paracetamol in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Eurasian J. Anal. Chem. 2010; 5(3): 218-26.
10. Chaple DR, Fandi DS, Chaple PD, Simultaneous Estimation of Etoricoxib and Paracetamol in Combined Tablet Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences. 2010; 1(3): 485- 89.
11. Syal PK, Sahoo M, Development and validation of a RP-HPLC-PDA method for simultaneous estimation of Drotaverine and Etoricoxib in tablet and its application for dissolution studies. Der Pharma Chemica. 2010; 2(4): 93-102.
12. Dhanalakshmi K., Beula Devi Preethi Development and validation of stability indicating RP-HPLC method for the quantification of Thiocolchicoside in Thiocolchicoside injection, World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2017; 6(3), 904-914.
13. Shirkhedkar A.A, Rajput J.K, Analytical Methods for Determination of Muscle Relaxant Thiocolchicoside in Pharmaceutical Preparations, Open Pharmaceutical Sciences Journal. 2015; 2, 43-55.
14. Rao M. Subba, Padmavathi K. Development and validation of a new stability indicating liquid chromatographic method for the simultaneous determination of Thiocholchicoside and Etoricoxib in combined dosage form, World Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2015; 4(1): 76-84
15. Rajani B, Mukkanti K., RP-HPLC method development and validation for simultaneous estimation of Thiocolchicoside and Lornoxicam in tablet dosage form, Int. J. Chem. Sci. 2013; 12(2), 583-592.
16. Venkatachalam, Lalitha KG, Reverse – phase HPLC method for simultaneous analysis of Thiocolchicoside and Ketoprofen in tablet formulations. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2013; 5(4): 679-82.
17. Goyal Navin, Bhandari Anil, Method development and validation of Etoricoxib and Thiocolchicoside in combined pharmaceutical solid dosage form by RP-HPLC method, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Studies and Research. 2011; 2(1)106-109.
18. Kumar Sanjiv, Simultaneous Estimation of Etoricoxib and Thiocolchicoside by RP-HPLC Method in Combined Dosage Forms. Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica. 2011; 68(6): 839-845.
19. Bhavsar Shekhar M., Patel C.N, Validated RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of Lornoxicam and Thiocolchicoside in solid dosage form, Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research. 2010; 2(2): 563-572.