Mohammad Akhtar Rasool, Girendra Kumar Gautam, Durga Prasad Panda, Dimak Chand Sahu
Mohammad Akhtar Rasool*1, Dr. Girendra Kumar Gautam2, Dr. Durga Prasad Panda3, Dimak Chand Sahu4
1Research Scholar, Department of Pharmacy, Bhagwant University, Ajmer (RJ), India.
2Director, Shri Ram College of Pharmacy, Muzaffarnagar (UP), India.
3Research Supervisor, J. K. College of Pharmacy, Bilaspur (CG), India.
4Associate Professor, J. K. College of Pharmacy, Bilaspur (CG), India.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 7,
Year - 2022
The synthesis of nanoparticles using plant extracts has gained considerable attention in the field of nanotechnology since it is easy, simple, and cost effective and does not make use of toxic chemicals. In this work, gold (Au) nanoparticles were synthesized using the Aconitum heterophyllum leaf extract. Nanoparticles (NPs) prepared with plant extract are more stable, suitable and faster therapeutic efficacy against fungal infection. Moreover, the preparations of gold nanoparticles with plant extract are more uniform in shape and size. The metal nanoparticles were characterized by UV-visible spectroscopy, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, zeta potential, XRD, AFM, TEM, STEM, EDX analysis. The Minimum inhibitory concentration of the nanoparticles on various microorganisms (S.aureus, E.coli, P.auruginosa, B.subtilis and C.albicans) was determined along with its anti-biofilm and photocatalytic activity. The gold nanoparticles exhibited better and enhanced activity in inhibiting the microorganisms. And the photocatalytic activity was found to be better in the gold nanoparticles.
Cite this article:
Mohammad Akhtar Rasool, Girendra Kumar Gautam, Durga Prasad Panda, Dimak Chand Sahu. Preparation, Characterisation and Antifungal activity of Gold Nanoparticles prepared with Fresh Extract of Aconitum heterophyllum leaves. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(7):3245-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00544
Mohammad Akhtar Rasool, Girendra Kumar Gautam, Durga Prasad Panda, Dimak Chand Sahu. Preparation, Characterisation and Antifungal activity of Gold Nanoparticles prepared with Fresh Extract of Aconitum heterophyllum leaves. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(7):3245-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00544 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-7-66
1. R. Dabur et al, “Antimicrobial activity of some indian medicinal plant” AFR.J. Tradit, 2007; vol.4: app. 313-318.
2. S. S. Shankar, A. Rai, A. Ahmad, and M. Sastry, “Rapid synthesis of Au , Ag , and bimetallic Au core – Ag shell nanoparticles using Neem ( Azadirachta indica ) leaf broth,” 2004; 275: pp. 496–502.
3. M. M. Kumari, J. Jacob, and D. Philip, “Spectrochimica Acta Part A : Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy Green synthesis and applications of Au – Ag bimetallic nanoparticles,” Spectrochim. ACTA PART A Mol. Biomol. Spectrosc., 2015; 137: pp. 185–192.
4. M. Yasir, J. Singh, M. K. Tripathi, P. Singh, and R. Shrivastava, “Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using leaf extract of common arrowhead houseplant and its anticandidal activity,” Pharmacogn. Mag., 2018; 13(52): pp. 840–844,.
5. M. Hamelian, S. Hemmati, K. Varmira, and H. Veisi, “Green synthesis, antibacterial, antioxidant and cytotoxic effect of gold nanoparticles using Pistacia Atlantica extract,” J. Taiwan Inst. Chem. Eng., 2018; vol. 0: pp. 1–10.
6. L. Z. S. Brambilla, E. H. Endo, D. A. G. Cortez, and B. P. Dias, “Anti-biofilm activity against Staphylococcus aureus MRSA and MSSA of neolignans and extract of Piper regnellii,” Rev. Bras. Farmacogn., 2017; 27(1): pp. 112–117.
7. K. Gopinath et al., “Green synthesis of silver, gold and silver/gold bimetallic nanoparticles using the Gloriosa superba leaf extract and their antibacterial and antibiofilm activities,” Microb. Pathog., 2016.
8. E. R. León, E. L. Rodríguez, C. R. Beas, G. Plascencia-villa, R. Alfonso, and I. Palomares, “Study of Methylene Blue Degradation by Gold Nanoparticles Synthesized within Natural Zeolites,” vol. 2016, 2016.
9. T. Mazhar, V. Shrivastava, and R. S. Tomar, “Green Synthesis of Bimetallic Nanoparticles and its Applications : A Review,” 2017; 9(2): pp. 102–110.
10. B. Syed et al., “Journal of King Saud University-Science Phyto-biologic bimetallic nanoparticles bearing antibacterial activity against human pathogens,” J. King Saud Univ. - Sci., 2018; pp. 1–6.
11. L. Lu, G. Burkey, I. Halaciuga, and D. V Goia, “Journal of Colloid and Interface Science Core – shell gold / silver nanoparticles : Synthesis and optical properties,” 2013; vol. 392: pp. 90–95,.
12. S. S. Shankar, A. Rai, A. Ahmad, and M. Sastry, “Rapid synthesis of Au , Ag , and bimetallic Au core – Ag shell nanoparticles using Neem (Azadirachta indica) leaf broth,” 2004; vol. 275: pp. 496–502,.
13. G. Sharma et al., “Journal of King Saud University – Science Novel development of nanoparticles to bimetallic nanoparticles and their composites : A review,” J. King Saud Univ. - Sci., 2017.