Amal M. Ali, Heba A. Mohammed, Zeena U. Jasim, Rana R. Abed
Amal M. Ali1, Heba A. Mohammed2, Zeena U. Jasim3, Rana R. Abed4*
1,2,3Chemistry Dept., College of Education for Girls University of Mosul.
4Chemistry Dept., College of Education of pure science University of Mosul.
Volume - 16,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2023
The purpose of this research article is to explore the coordination chemistry and antibacterial activity of six new mononuclear complexes formed via reacting Ag(I), Zn(II), and Mn(II) ions with the Schiff base as a ligand (Nicotinamide- semicarbazone) in a (1:2) ratio in both acidic and basic medium., the six complexes are characterized by elemental analysis(CHN), atomic absorption spectroscopy, Infrared spectroscopy, (1H NMR). and different Technique such as melting point, conductivity measurements, Molar refraction The suggested formula of the complexes were [M(NASC)2] Xn in natural medium and [M(NASC)2] in basic medium, M = Ag n=1, M= Zn, Mn n=2, X=NO3 NASC = Nicotinamide- semicarbazone. It was a tridentate ligand it coordinated onto metal ions via three nitrogen atoms, producing off white or yellow complexes with only an octahedral geometry. These complexes and their ligands were evaluated as antibiotics against a series of medically significant bacteria, and both were found to be very effective.
Cite this article:
Amal M. Ali, Heba A. Mohammed, Zeena U. Jasim, Rana R. Abed. Characterization and Antibacterial Evaluation of New Complexes of Nicotinamide semicarbazon Manganese (II), Zinc (II), Silver (I) Synthesizes. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(2):539-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00092
Amal M. Ali, Heba A. Mohammed, Zeena U. Jasim, Rana R. Abed. Characterization and Antibacterial Evaluation of New Complexes of Nicotinamide semicarbazon Manganese (II), Zinc (II), Silver (I) Synthesizes. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(2):539-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00092 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-2-11
1. Shaimaa A. Sajid M. Ismaeel. Y Structural. Spectral and Thermal studies of new bidentate Schiff base ligand type (NO) derived from Mebendazol and 4-Aminoantipyrine and it's metal complexes and evaluation of their biological activity. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2020; 13(6): 3001-3006. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00531.4
2. Krishnakumar S. Divya. R Kanchana.R Keerthana. G Ancy A. Thermo-chemical induced production of silver nanoparticles (Ag-NPs) and their antimicrobial activity towards human pathogens. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2017; 10(5): 1322-1326. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2017.00234.7
3. Saad. A Nazira. S Firas. N. Sample Microwave Digestion for the Determination of Manganese, Iron, Zinc, Copper and Nickel in Catfish Consumed in Syria by Flame Atomic Absorption Spectrometry. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2018; 11(5): 2094-2099. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2018.00388.8
4. Rana. R Amena. E. Some Complexes of Zink (II) and Manganese (II) with Schiff Base derived from Nicotinamide, Synthesis and Characterization, Antibacterial Evaluation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2021; 14(3):1711-1715. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00304.8
5. Budipratiwi. W. Solihatus. S. Siswandono. Dwi. S. The Effect of pH and Cocrystal Quercetin-Isonicotinamide on Quercetin Solubility and its Thermodynamic. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(9):4657-1. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00809
6. Majed. J Zeyad. K Muntadher. A Ahmed. K Ehab.K Ali. J. Synthesis and Study Biological Activity of Gemcitabine Linked Heterocyclic Hybrids. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2020; 13(7): 3257-3261. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00577.6
7. Zeyad. K Abdulkareem. H. Synthesis, Characterization and Theoretical Study for certain Copper (II) complexes using Organic Chalcone Schiff bases as Ligands. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2022; 15(3):1008-2. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00168
8. Kavitha.K Mohan.S Srinivasan. N Suresh. R. Design, Synthesis, Characterization of Antimicrobial activity of Schiff bases of novel Quinazolin-4-one Derivatives. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2021; 14(1):466-470. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00085.8
9. Nayak. B, Prabhakar V, Anima N. Aeromycological Studies by Volumetric Sampler on Agar Plates in few Village Localities of Pondicherry Region. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2017; 10(11): 3701-3704. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2017.00671.0
10. Rana. R. Abeer. S Fadia. J. Synthesis and Diagnoses of New Metal Ions Complexes derived from Trimethoprim Schiff Bases. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(9):4963-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00863
11. Ern¨o. P Martin. B Philippe. B. Structure Determination of Organic Compounds Tables of Spectral Data, 4th Edition. Library of Congress Control Number: 2009920112, c Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2009; 52-84 ISBN 978-3-540-93809-5. doi 10. 1007 / 978-3-540-93810-1
12. Nakamoto.K. Infrared and Raman Spectra of Inorganic and Coordination Compounds, Part A: Theory and Applications in Inorganic Chemistry, 6th Edition. New York. 2009; 165-322. ISBN: 978-0-471-74339-2.
13. Javidhya.P Ganeshpadian. M Dhivya R Akbarsha M Palaniandavar J. Fluorescent mixed ligand copper(ii) complexes of anthracene-appended Schiff bases: studies on DNA binding, nuclease activity and cytotoxicity. Journal of Dalton Transactions 2015; 44(26): 11997 – 12010. DOI:10.1039/c5dt00899a
14. Mohammed. S Nawaz. U. Spectrum of Antimicrobial Susceptibility of E. coli and Staphylococcus aureus Isolates from Clinical Samples. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2015; 8(10): 1399-1402. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2015.00251.6
15. Abul. B Abdul. M Faruk. H Saidul I, Kudrat E. The synthesis, characterization and biological activity investigation of mixed ligand Coordinated Ni(II) Complexes. Asian Journal Research in Chemistry 2015; 8(1): 56-59. DOI: 10.5958/0974-4150.2015.00012.7
16. Sanjay. R Ashok. P Anand. M. Hitesh. V. Vishal. D. Mayur. Katheria.V. Antimicrobial Activity of Methanolic Extracts of Mucuna pruriens, Semecarpus anacardium, Anethum graveolens by Agar Disc Diffusion Method. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2010; 3(1): 165-167.
17. Hisham. A Mona. A Amira. M Azza.A. Antimicrobial Resistance Patterns of Proteus mirabilis isolates from Urinary tract, burn wound and Diabetic foot Infections. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2018; 11(1): 249-252. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2018.00046.X
18. Gundu. M. Synthesis, Characterization and Biological Activity of Schiff Base Metal Complexes. Asian ournal Research Chem. 2017; 10(4): 587-592. doi:10.5958/0974-4150.2017.00098.0
19. Kavita. R. Rohan. S. Synthesis of Ethyl 2-(4-halobenzyl)-3-oxobutanoate and determination of its Biological activity by using prediction of activity spectra for substance . Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2022; 12(2): 102-6.doi : 10.52711/2231-5659.2022.00017
20. Manoranjan. K Guin. S Nayak.C Synthesis and Physico Chemical Studies of Some Cobalt (II) Complexes with Bromide and Biologically Active Ligands. Asian J. Research Chem. 2019; 12(2):84-88. Doi : 10.5958/0974-4150.2019.00019.1
21. Priyanka. G Anita. C Kavita. P. Novel synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial activities of coordination compounds of Titanium and Zirconium with Schiff base. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2022; 15(1): 86-0.doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2022.00014