Radhiyah Abdul Baqi Aldujaili, Rasha Nazik Talib, Ahmed Ali younus Alhasan
Radhiyah Abdul Baqi Aldujaili1, Rasha Nazik Talib2, Ahmed Ali younus Alhasan3
1Assist. Professor, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Education for Girls, University of Kufa, Iraq.
2Assist. Lecturer in Chemistry Field, Najaf Education Directorate, Najaf, Iraq.
3Assist. Lecturer in Chemistry Field, Arbeel Education Directorate, Arbeel, Iraq.
Volume - 16,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2023
The importance of Schiff's bases is that they are used as anti-bacterial, tuberculosis, cancer and tumors, as well as their ability to capture metal ions. Schiff's bases play an important role in analytical and industrial chemistry as they are used to resist the corrosion of metals. Photolysis is not considered a degradation pathway for azo dyes. In order to extend the life of products dyed with azo dyes, it is necessary to ensure stability against microbial attack, and tests have shown that azo dyes degrade significantly in short-term tests under aerobic conditions. However, under anaerobic conditions, color change can be observed as a result of biodegradation .A general method for the synthesis of new Azo compound has been employed. Diazotization reaction between 2-amino pyrimidine and 2-amino-4-nitro phenol was used to produce Azo compound F1 [2-amino-4-nitro-6-(pyrimidin-2-yldiazenyl)phenol] then prepare two Azo-Shiff base derivatives by Aldol-condensation reaction of (F1) with p-N,N-dimethyl amino Benzaldehyde and Isatin to give (F2,F3).The research included biological screening as anti-bacterial for (F,F2,F3) and as anti-cancer for (F3) by using cell line type Hep G2. FT-IR,1H-NMR, 13C-NMR and two-dimensional(2D)HSQC spectroscopy was used to characterize these compounds.
Cite this article:
Radhiyah Abdul Baqi Aldujaili, Rasha Nazik Talib, Ahmed Ali younus Alhasan. The Spectral Study and Biological Activity for Azo-Shiff Bases Derivatives containing Pyrimidine Ring. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(3):1289-5. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00212
Radhiyah Abdul Baqi Aldujaili, Rasha Nazik Talib, Ahmed Ali younus Alhasan. The Spectral Study and Biological Activity for Azo-Shiff Bases Derivatives containing Pyrimidine Ring. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(3):1289-5. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00212 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-3-48
1. Pankaj K. Abhishek K. Jean S P. Sachin A K. Nanditha B. Prashant N. Synthesis and antimicrobial evaluation of some novel 1,5 benzodiazepine derivatives derived from pyrrolyl chalcones. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(4):1811-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00304
2. Vishnu A. Adole, Abhijit R. Bukane, Ravindra H. Waghchaure, Rohit S. Shinde, Bapu S. Jagdale. Computational Study on Molecular Structure, UV-Visible and Vibrational Spectra and Frontier Molecular Orbital Analysis of (E)-7-((2-Chloroquinolin-3-yl)methylene)-1,2,6,7-tetrahydro-8H-indeno[5,4-b]furan-8-one. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(3):1101-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00184
3. Chetan Savant, Venkatrao Kulkarni, Prasanna Habbu, Preeti Kulkarni, Muhammed Majeed, Mahadeva Nayak. Screening of Novel Hybrid Combinations of Synthetic Drugs with Plant Extracts for its In vitro Antioxidant Activity. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(1):188-2. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00030 .
4. Srivastav Sanchit, Luhach Kanishk, Shukla Chhama, Yadav Rajender. Biologically active Pyrimidine Hydrazones. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 5(3): July- Sept., 2015; Page 162-165.
5. Mariya J. Jayaprakash A. Phytochemical Analysis and In Vitro Anticancer Activity of Enteromorpha compressa against Ovarian Cancer. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(5):1943-7. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00323
6. Gopal Muthu Boopathi, Shanmugarajan T. S. Synthesis, Characterisation and Antimicrobial Activity of Novel 2-Methyl-3-(2-(substituted ylidene)hydrazinyl)quinazolin-4(3H)-ones. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(5):2176-2183. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00362
7. Srivastav Sanchit, Luhach Kanishk, Shukla Chhama, Yadav Rajender. Biologically active Pyrimidine Hydrazones. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 5(3): July- Sept., 2015; Page 162-165.
8. Rajaa A A. Nor A A. Nagham M A. Synthesis of Triazole Derivatives via Multi Components Reaction and Studying of (Organic Characterization, Chromatographic Behavior, Chem-Physical Properties)., Egyptian Journal of Chemistry. 2020., 63(11), pp. 4163 - 4174 ., DOI: 10.21608/EJCHEM.2020.23541.2399 .
9. Nagham M A. Synthesis and Chemical Identification of Macro Compounds of (Thiazol and Imidazol)., Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology.; 2015, 8(1), 78-84., DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2015.00016.5.
10. H.R. Roopa, J. Saravanan, S. Mohan, Rekha Parmesh. Synthesis, Characterization and Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Some Schiff bases of 4-Amino-5,6-Dimethyl thieno [2,3-d] Pyrimidines. Asian J. Research Chem 8(3): March 2015; Page 213-217.
11. B. Kirkan and R.Gup, Synthesis of New Azo Dyes and Copper (II) Complexes Derived from Barbituric Acid and 4-Aminobenzoylhydrazone,Turk. J. Chem. (2008) 32, 9-17.
12. MP. Coleman, M. Quaresma, F. Berrino., Cancer survival in five continents : a worldwide population-based study (CONCORD). Lancet Oncol., 9(8):730-756, (2008)
13. MP. Coleman, M. Quaresma, F. Berrino., Cancer survival in five continents : a worldwide population-based study (CONCORD). Lancet Oncol., 9(8):730-756, (2008)
14. Z. Seferoglu, A Study on Tautomeric equilibria of New Hetarylazo-6-aminouracils, ARKIVOC, 2009, viii,42-57.
15. T.M.Robert, N. B. Robert and S.K. Bhattacharjee, Organic Chemistry, 6th edition, New Delhi. Pearson Prentice Hall, 2011, 1096 – 1097.
16. H. Zollinger, Color Chemistry. Syntheses, Properties, Application of Organic Dyes and Pigments, third revised edition, Wiley-VCH, 2003.
17. F.Samieh, Ahmad, M.T. H. Hooshang and K.A.Hojatollah, Synthesis of Some New 4-Arylidene-5(4H)-Oxoazoloneazo Dyes and An Evaluation of their Solvatochromic behaviour, ARKIVOC, XIV, 2008, 115-123.
18. Nagham M A. Synthesis and Biological Study of Hetero (Atoms and Cycles) Compounds., Der Pharma Chemica, 2016, 8,6, 40-48.
19. H. Xu, X. Zeng, Synthesis of Diaryl-Azo Derivatives as Potential Antifungal Agents, Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett.,2010, 20, 4193-4195.
20. M. Tonelli, I. Vazzana, B. Tasso, V. Boido, F. Sparatore, M. Fermeglia, M. S. Paneni, P. Posocco,S.Pricl, P.Colla, C.Ibba, B.Secci, G. Collu andR.. Loddo, Antiviral and Cytotoxic Activities of Aminoaryl azo Compounds and Aryltriazene Derivatives, Bioorg. Med. Chem., 2009, 17, 4425-4440.
21. . A. Jarrahpour and M. Zarei, Efficient one- pot Synthesis of 2-Azetidinones from Acetic Acid Derivatives and Imines using Methoxy methylene- N,N-Dimethyliminium Salt,Tetrahedron, 2010, 66, 5017-5023.
22. M. Y. Nassar, I. S. Ahmed, H. A. Dessouki and S. S. Ali, Synthesis and Characterization of Some Schiff base Complexes Derived from 2, 5-Dihydroxyacetophenone with Transition Metal Ions and their Biological Activity, J. Bas. & Environ. Sci., 2018, 5, 60–71.
23. T. Ahmad, F.Kandil and C. Moustapha., Preparation and Characterization of Some New Azo Dyes, Azomethine Dyes and Heterocyclic -Schiff Bases Derivatives, A.A.S.C.I.T. Journal of Chemistry, 2015; 2(2), 24-31.
24. N. Lashgari and G. M. Ziarani, Synthesis of Heterocyclic Compounds Based on Isatin through 1, 3-Dipolar Cycloaddition Reactions, ARKIVOC, 2012, 277-320
25. F. H. S.Hussain and H. K. A. Khudhur, Synthesis and Characterization of Some New Symmetrical Bis- Isatins Derived From p-Substituted Aromatic Amines, Eurasian Journal of Science & Engineering, 2018, 4(1), 2414-5629.
26. L.A. Mohammad, R. A. Khdur, H. F. Mohseen and N. I. Mehdi, Synthesis, Characterization,Structural Studies and Biological Activity of a New Macrocyclic Schiff base Ligand and its Complexation with Selected Metal Ions, Journal of Scientific Research in Pharmacy, 2013,2(3).
27. R.A. khdur and H. Ezzat, Synthesis, Characterization and Study Biological Screening of Some New Azetidinone Derivatives from Azo- Sulphadiazine, pak. J. Bio technol, 2018,15(1): 201-217.
28. J.Wang, X.X.Lu, D.Z.Chen, S. F.Li and L.S. Zhang, Herpes Simplex Virus Thymidine Kinase and Ganciclovir Suicide Gene Therapy for Human Pancreatic Cancer. World J Gastroenterol,2004, 10(3), 400-403.
29. A.Accardo,L. Aloj and M. Aurilio, Receptor Binding Peptides for Target-Selective Delivery of Nanoparticles Encapsulated Drugs. Int. J. Nanomedicine, 2014, 1537–1557.
30. K. L. Williamson, Macroscale and Microscale Organic Experiments, 2nd Ed., Houghton Mifflin, Boston p 558, Revised 10/31/98,(1994) .
31. N.S. Majeed, H.F. Mohsen and R.A.K. Aldujaili, Synthesis, Characterization and Biological Activity of Some New Heterocyclic Compounds Derived from 4- Amino acetophenone,,Biochem. Cell. Arch.,2018, 18, 1, 1107-1116.
32. E.Kohli, R. Arora and R. Kakkar, Theoretical Study of the Stability of Tautomers and Conformers of Isatin-3-Thiosemicarbazone (IBT),Canadian Chemical Transactions, 2014, 2, 327-342.
33. Mhand K, Saden Ab, Nour Alrazzaka, Nagham M A . Synthesis, Characterization and Biological activity study for new hybridpolymers by grafting 1,3,4-triazole and 1,2,4-oxadiazle moieties ontopolyvinyl chloride ., Egyptian Journal of Chemistry ., 2021, Vol. 64, No. 3 pp. 1273 – 1283 ., DOI: 10.21608/EJCHEM.2021.27879.2584
34. M.M. Abdul Rasool, A. H. Jawad and J. K. Shneine, Synthesis, Characterization and Evaluation of Biological Activity of New Heterocyclic Compounds Containing 1,2,4- Triazole and 1,3,4-Thiadiazole Rings, International Journal of Applied Science and Technology, 2012, 2,No.10.
35. A. Alsaygh, J. Al-Humaidi& I. Al-Najjar, Synthesis of Some New Pyridine-2-yl-Benzylidene-Imines,International Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2014,4, 116-121.
36. P. G.Ioannis,T. Anastassios, E.X.Vassiliki and B.Klimentini, Nuclear Magnitic Resonance (NMR) Spectroscopy: Basic Principles and Phenomena, and their Applicationsto Chemistry, Biology and Medicine, Chemistry Education: Research and Practice in Europe, 2002, 3, No. 2,229-252.
37. A. Mohi, H. Al-Rubaye, F.Asksr, H. Abboud, Synthesis, Theoretical and Antimicrobial Activity Study of New Benzimidazole Derivatives, Egyptian Journal of Chemistry, 2020, 63, No. 8, 2877-2886.
38. S M Abed ., N Mahmood A .(2022). Synthesis, Investigation and Anticancer Evaluation of Novel Macrocyclic Formazan and Linear Formazan, European Chemical Bulletin ., 11, 11, 46-63.
39. S E Mohammed Reda , S M Abed .(2022). Imidazole-Cyclic Derivatives (Preparation, Spectral Studies, Microbial Studies)., European Chemical Bulletin., 11, 11, 27-35.
40. S M Abed., S E Mohammed Reda. (2022). Lactam-Heterocycles Compounds (Synthesis, Organic Revealing, Bacterial and Fungal Estimation). Journal of Pharmaceutical Negative Results, 13(4), 342–350. https://doi.org/10.47750/pnr.2022.13.04.04
41. N Mahmood A., S Mohammed Abed. (2022). Bio Studies of Novel Macrocyclic Sulfazan and Linear Sulfazan (Creation, Analysis and Anticancer Assessment). Journal of Pharmaceutical Negative Results, 13(4), 351–363. https://doi.org/10.47750/pnr.2022.13.04.043
42. Mahmood N A, Zainab M F . (2023). Anticancer Study of Innovative Macrocyclic Formazan Compounds from Trimethoprim Drug ., Egyptian Journal of Chemistry ,2023 , 66, 1., DOI: 10.21608/EJCHEM.2022.132514.5852