Shinde Ganesh S, Rahul Kunkulol, Sandeep Narwane, Ravindra Jadhav
Email ID Not Available
Shinde Ganesh S1, Rahul Kunkulol2, Sandeep Narwane2, Ravindra Jadhav3
1Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pravara Rural College of Pharmacy, Pravaranagar, India.
2Department of Pharmacology, Pravara Institute of Medical Science, Loni. India.
3Department of Pharmacognosy, Pravara Rural College of Pharmacy, Pravaranagar, India.
Volume - 16,
Issue - 5,
Year - 2023
Asthma in chronic condition is very tedious to cure and which is very common disease. The aim of study was to evaluate anti-asthmatic activity root part of. A. aspera. Collection of root part of is done from Rahata District Ahmednagar (Maharashtra). For authentication of of Achyranthes aspera A. aspera Herbarium of plant was made and sent to Biological Survey of India, Pune. The collected material was proceeded for air dry at 35-40º C and then it was pulverized in electric grinder. Extraction of obtained powder was completed in ethanol,Water-ethanol and Petroleum ether by using Soxhlet Apparatus.. The presence of Steroids, flavonides, phenolic compound, glycosides, tannins, saponins, alkaloids and carbohydrates were revealed by phytochemical screening. The extract obtained were of aerial part of screened for anti-asthmatic activity. The Petroleum ether extract of root part was result the right side shift of dose Achyranthes aspera response curve in isolated goat chain and isolated guinea pig so it is indicating antiasthmatic action of drug extract.
Cite this article:
Shinde Ganesh S, Rahul Kunkulol, Sandeep Narwane, Ravindra Jadhav. Evaluation of Anti-asthmatic activity of Achyranthes aspera Linn root Extract. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(5):2287-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00375
Shinde Ganesh S, Rahul Kunkulol, Sandeep Narwane, Ravindra Jadhav. Evaluation of Anti-asthmatic activity of Achyranthes aspera Linn root Extract. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(5):2287-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00375 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-5-34
1. P. Maheshwari, I. Somasundaram. Health Related Quality of Life Measurement in Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2016; 9(5): 518-520. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2016.00097.4
2. Kim H. Mazza, J. Asthma.All Asth Clin Immun.2011;7(suppl1):1-9.https://doi.org/10.1186/1710-1492-7-S1-S2.
3. Srivastava PK. Achyranthes aspera: A potent immunostimulating plant for traditional medicine. Int J Pharm Sci Res. 2014; 5(5):1601-1611.1601-11.doi: 10.13040/IJPSR.0975-8232.5 (5).
4. Ganesh SS, Rao PS, Nandal DH and Kunkulol R.A review on pharmacological and phytochemical constituent of Achyranthes aspera Linn.IntJPharmacognosy.2021;8(2):58-64. doi link: http://dx.doi.org/10.13040/IJPSR.0975-8232.IJP.8(2).
5. Prashant D Warke, M.K. Kale.Phytopharmacognostic Study of Leaves of Achyranthes aspera Linn. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 8(2): 2015;212-215 doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2015.00039.6
6. Priyanka K. Shinde, Dattaprasad N. Vikhe, Ravindra S. Jadhav, Ganesh S. Shinde. Pharmacological Potential of Natural Herbs against Covid-19: A Review. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2021; 13(4):269-4. doi: 10.52711/2349-2988.2021.00043.
7. Gokhale SB, Kokate SK and Purohit AP. A text book of pharmacognosy. Nirali Prakashan, Pune. 2006.
8. 8Sagar R.Sahoo HB. Evaluation of antiasthmatic activity of ethanolic extract of Elephantopus scaber L. leaves. Indian J Pharmacol. 2012;44(3):398-401.doi: 10.4103/0253-7613.96347.
9. Bhong Prabha N.Naikawade Nilofar.In-vitro and in-vivo Evaluation of Anti-asthmatic Activity of Eugenia jambolana bark.Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(6):3337-2. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00580.
10. Chilivari Alekhya, V. Alagarsamy. Anti-inflammatory and Anti-asthmatic activity of Ethanolic extract of Syzygium cumini plant bark. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(11):5210-5214. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00911.7.
11. Bhosale UA.Yegnanarayan R.Pophale P, Somani R. Effect of aqueous extracts of Achyranthes aspera Linn.on experimental animal model for inflammation.Anc Sci Life. 2012;31(4):202-6.doi: 10.4103/0257-7941.107362.