Jaya Rautela, Ajay Singh Bisht, Vikash Jakhmola, A. N. M. Ansori, Divya Negi
Jaya Rautela1*, Ajay Singh Bisht2, Vikash Jakhmola1, A. N. M. Ansori3, Divya Negi4
1Uttaranchal Institute of Pharmaceutical Science, Uttaranchal University, Dehradun, India.
2Himalayan Institute of Pharmacy and Research, Dehradun, India.
3Professor, Nidom Foundation, Surabaya, Indonesia.
4Amrapali Institute of Pharmacy and Science, Haldwani, India.
Volume - 16,
Issue - 5,
Year - 2023
Heterocyclic compounds especially, five or six-member heterocyclic compounds, having one to three hetero-atoms in their nucleus take part in metabolism of all living cells. And this information gives the lead for synthesizing heterocyclic derivatives. This research work has focused on development of new method for synthesis of some new amino acid substituted 1,2,4-trizole derivative from 1, 3, 4-Oxadizole nucleus. The nucleus of the 1, 3, 4-Oxadizole was first produced by reaction of Isoniazide and 3-chlorobenzeldehyde which is then converted into 1,2,4-trizole derivative by the loss of water molecule. After that incorporation of different amino acid (luecine and glycin) leads new amino acid substituted 1,2,4-trizole derivative. The newly synthesized derivative Compound A1 and A2 were characterized by optical rotation, melting point, TLC, UV spectroscopy and IR. The antibacterial was screened using Disc diffusion method with ciprofloxacin as reference drug and antioxidant activity by in-vitro DPPH method using ascorbic acid as standard drug. Synthesized compound A1 showed maximum MIC against S. aureus as compared to Compound A2. For antioxidant activity, compound A1 showed maximum percentage inhibition as compared to Compound A2.
Cite this article:
Jaya Rautela, Ajay Singh Bisht, Vikash Jakhmola, A. N. M. Ansori, Divya Negi, Microwave-Assisted Synthesis of New 4-Amino Acid Substituted 1,2,4-Triazole Derivative Derived from 1,2,3-Oxadiazole Nucleus and Their Anti-Bacterial and Anti-Oxidant Potential. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(5):2322-6. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00382
Jaya Rautela, Ajay Singh Bisht, Vikash Jakhmola, A. N. M. Ansori, Divya Negi, Microwave-Assisted Synthesis of New 4-Amino Acid Substituted 1,2,4-Triazole Derivative Derived from 1,2,3-Oxadiazole Nucleus and Their Anti-Bacterial and Anti-Oxidant Potential. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(5):2322-6. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00382 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-5-41
1. Kumar AK. Lokeshwari DM. Pavithra G. Kumar VG. 1,2,4-Oxadiazoles: A potential pharmacological agents-An overview. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2012; 5(12): 1490-1496.
2. Jacob J. Microwave assisted reaction in organic chemistry: A Review of recent advance. International Journal of Chemistry. 2012; 4: 6.doi.org/10.5539/ijc.v4n6p29
3. Ravichandran S. Microwave Synthesis- A Potential Tool for Green Chemistry. International Journal of Chem Tech Research. 2011; 3: 466-470.
4. Dallinger D. Kappe CO. Microwave-Assisted Synthesis in Water as Solvent. American Chemical Society. 2007; 107: 2563−2591.doi.org/10.1021/cr0519410
5. Mohamed MO. Ball Milling for Heterocyclic Compounds Synthesis in Green Chemistry: A Review. Synthetic Communications. 2015; 1532-2432.doi.org/10.1080/00397911.2015.1058396
6. Robert EB. Review of Heterocyclic Chemistry. 2012; 8: 1349–1350.
7. Patel KJ. Review of synthesis of 1,3,4-Oxadiazole derivatives. Synthetic Communications. 2014; 44: 1859–1875.doi.org/10.1080/00397911.2013.879901
8. SalahuddiN. Mazumder A. Updates on synthesis and biological activities of 1,3,4- oxadiazole: A review. Synthetic Communications. 2017; 47: 1805-1847. doi.org/10.1080/00397911.2017.1360911
9. Khudhair ZT. Al-Tamimi EO. Synthesis, Identification, Theoretical Study and effect of 1,3,4-Oxadiazole Compounds Substituted on Creatinine ring on the activity of some Transfers Enzymes. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2019; 12(8):3581-3588. Doi.org/10.5958/0974-360X.2019.00611.5
10. Az-Eddine ME. Design, synthesis, chemical characterization, biological evaluation, and docking study of new 1,3,4-oxadiazole homonucleoside analogs. Nucleosides, Nucleotides & Nucleic Acid. 2020; 1525. DOI:10.1080/15257770.2020.1761982
11. Szafrański K. Synthesis, anticancer evaluation and structure-activity analysis of novel (E)-5-(2-arylvinyl)-1,3,4-oxadiazol-2-yl)benzenesulfonamides. International Journal of Molecular Science. 2020; 21: 1–23. DOI: 10.3390/ijms21062235
12. Kakanejadifard A. The synthesis, structural characterization and antibacterial propertiesof some 2-((4-amino-1,2,5-oxadiazol-3-ylimino)methyl)-4- (phenyldiazenyl)phenol. Dyes and Pigments. 2013; 97: 215-221. DOI:10.1016/j.dyepig.2012.10.004
13. Kumar R. Shahar MY. Rai AK. Chaturvedi S. Synthesis and biological evaluation of some novel 1,3,4-oxadiazoles derived from bi phenyl 4- carboxylic acid. Der Pharmacia Lettre. 2013; 5: 366-370.
14. Shridhar AH. Synthesis of 1,3,4-oxadiazole incorporated azo dye derivatives as a potent biological activity. Molecules. 2012; 4: 119-129.
15. Cai ZW. Wei D. Borzilleri RM. Qian L. Kamantg A. Mortillo S. Waulet B et al Synthesis, SAR, and evaluation of 4-[2,4-difluoro-5- (cyclopropylcarbamoyl)phenylamino]pyrrolo[2,1-f][1,2,4]triazinebased VEGFR-2 kinase inhibitors. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry. 2008; 18: 1354. DOI: 10.1016/j.bmcl.2008.01.012
16. Almajan GL. Barbuceanu SF. Innocenti A. Scozzafava A. Supuran CT. Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors. Inhibition of the cytosolic and tumor-associated carbonic anhydrase isozymes I, II and IX with some 1,3,4-oxadiazole- and 1,2,4-triazole-thiols. Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry. 2008; 23: 101-107. doi.org/10.1080/14756360701342417
17. Zadorozhnii PV. Kiselev VV. Teslenko NO. Kharchenko AV. Pokotylo IO. Okhtina OV et al In Silico Prediction and Molecular Docking Studies of N-Amidoalkylated Derivatives of 1,3,4-Oxadiazole as COX-1 and COX-2 Potential Inhibitors. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2017; 10(11): 3957-3963. Doi.org/10.5958/0974-360X.2017.00718.1
18. Muhammed KM. Sulaiman AH. Nihad IT, Preparation and Identification of some new Compounds 1,3,4-Oxadiazole derivatives using Grinding Technique. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2018; 11(10): 4272-4276. doi.org/10.5958/0974-360X.2018.00783.7
19. Unnissa SH. Karthikaa T. Kavitha K. Kishore PS. Kowsalya M. Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of some 2,5-disubstituted 1,3,4-oxadiazole based Cinnoline derivatives. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2019; 12(10): 4812-4816. Doi.org/10.5958/0974-360X.2019.00832.1
20. Singhai A. Gupta MK. Synthesis and Characterization of 1,3,4-Oxadiazole Derivatives as Potential Anti-inflammatory and Analgesic agents. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2020; 13(12):5898-5902. Doi.org/10.5958/0974-360X.2020.01029.X
21. Garewal H. Review on synthesis and spectral analysis of 1,3,4-oxa/thiadiazole moiety based on their literature support. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2019; 8: 285-306.
22. Murty MSR. Penthala R. Nath LR. Anto RJ. Synthesis of Salicylic Acid-based 1,3,4-oxadiazole Derivatives Coupled with Chiral Oxazolidinones: Novel Hybrid Heterocycles as Antitumor Agents. Letters in Drug Design & Discovery. 2014; 11: 1133-1142. DOI: 10.2174/1570180811666140627004607
23. Patel KD. Vekariya RH. Patel HD. A One Pot, Solvent Free and Catalyst Free Synthesis of Substituted 2- Amino-5-Aryl-1,3,4-Oxadiazoles under Microwave Irradiation. Current Microwave Chemistry. 2016; 3. DOI: 10.2174/2213335602666150324233632
24. Kharb R. Kaur R. Sharma AK. Vistas on antimicrobial potential of novel Oxadiazole derivatives in modern medicinal chemistry, European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2014; 1.
25. Tiwari D. Narang R. Khokra SL. A review on microwave assisted synthesis, mechanism of action and structure activity relationship of 1, 3, 4-oxadiazole derivatives as anticancer agent. World Journal of Advanced Research and Reviews. 2020; 9: 086–096.doi.org/10.3057/wjarr.2021.9.1.0472
26. Biju CR. Ilango K. Prathp M. Rekha K. Design and Microwave-assisted synthesis of 1,3,4-Oxadiazole Derivative for analgesic and anti-inflammatory activity. Journal of Young Pharmacists. 2012; 4. doi: 10.4103/0975-1483.93576
27. Joshi H. Bisht AS. Juyal D. Synthesis and characterization of Triazole compound derived from Oxadiazole moiety for its antimicrobial and anti-oxidant evaluation. Internation journal of Medicinal Chemistry and Analysis. 2020; 10: 22-30.doi.org/10.21276/ijmca.2020.10.1.4