Paramita Das, Anjali Nayak, Bhavani K, Deepika, Ranjitha, Md Afsar
firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Paramita Das, Anjali Nayak, Bhavani K, Deepika, Ranjitha, Md Afsar
Krupanidhi College of Pharmacy 12/1, Chikka Bellandur, Carmelaram Gunjur Road Varthur Hobli, Off Sarjapur Rd, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560035.
Volume - 16,
Issue - 5,
Year - 2023
Mangiferin is obtained naturally from Mangifera indica which is used in treating various diseases including gastrointestinal tract diseases. Ulcer means the damage of the mucosal membrane which commonly occurs in the stomach and upper duodenum. In the study, an antiulcer activity was conducted and the interactivity of human carbonic anhydrase 1 was studied. The human carbonic anhydrase 1 enzyme belonging proteins were taken in the study for the molecular docking. It was observed that mangiferin showed better activity in treating ulcers. The human carbonic anhydrase enzyme also mentioned as CA1 is one of the major reasons for an increase in gastric acid which leads to ulcers. In this study, mangiferin was able to inhibit the action of the CA1 enzyme which was increasing the levels of hydrochloric acid and preventing the formation of ulcers. A protein of CA1 (PDB ID: 6G3V) was docked with mangiferin which showed good interaction with the mangiferin. Further albino rats were used for the study of ulcer activity. ADMET studies were performed for mangiferin which showed a low toxic effect. A detailed study has been depicted for ulceration and its prevention using mangiferin.
Cite this article:
Paramita Das, Anjali Nayak, Bhavani K, Deepika, Ranjitha, Md Afsar. Molecular Modelling Technique on Interactivity between Human Carbonic Anhydrase 1 and Mangiferin for Antiulcer activity. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(5):.2465-9 doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00406
Paramita Das, Anjali Nayak, Bhavani K, Deepika, Ranjitha, Md Afsar. Molecular Modelling Technique on Interactivity between Human Carbonic Anhydrase 1 and Mangiferin for Antiulcer activity. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(5):.2465-9 doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00406 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-5-65
1. Rajeshwara RM. Carbohydrates in drug discovery and development. Synthesis and Application, Varanasi.2020.
2. Somani S, Zambad S, Modi K. Mangiferin attenuates DSS colitis in mice: molecular docking and in vivo approach. Chemico-Biological Interactions. 2016Jun25;253:18-26..doi: 10.1016/j.cbi.2016.04.033N
3. Saha S, Sadhukhan P, Sil PC. Mangiferin: A xanthonoid with multipotent anti‐inflammatory potential. Biofactors. 2016 Sep 10; 42(5):459-74.doi:10.1002/biof.1292.
4. Saha S, Sadhukhan P, Sil PC. Mangiferin: A xanthonoid with multipotent anti‐inflammatory potential. Biofactors. 2016 Sep 10;42(5):459-74.doi: 10.3390/pr9050852
5. Boakye-Yiadom M, Kumadoh D, Adase E, Woode E. Medicinal Plants with Prospective Benefits in the Management of Peptic Ulcer Diseases in Ghana. BioMed Research International. 2021 May 6; 2021.. doi: 10.1155/2021/5574041.
6. Carvalho AC. Gastroprotective effect of mangiferin, a xanthonoid from Mangifera indica, against gastric injury induced by ethanol and indomethacin in rodents. Planta Medica. 2007 Oct 04;73(13):1372-1376.doi: 10.1055/s-2007-990231
7. Bury-Moné S, Mendz GL, Ball GE, Thibonnier M, Stingl K, Ecobichon C, Ave P, Huerre M, Labigne A, Thiberge JM, De Reuse H. Roles of α and β carbonic anhydrases of Helicobacter pylori in the urease-dependent response to acidity and in colonization of the murine gastric mucosa. Infection and immunity. 2008 Feb;76(2):497-509.doi:10.1128/IAI.00993-07
8. Awaad AS, El-Meligy RM, Soliman GA. Natural products in treatment of ulcerative colitis and peptic ulcer. J. Saudi Chemical Society. 2013 Jan 1; 17(1):101-24. doi: 10.1016/j.jscs.2012.03.002
9. Gundampati RK, Chandrasekaran S, Jagannadham MV. Molecular docking study on the interaction between trypanothione reductase and mangiferin for antileishmanial activity. Bangladesh J. Pharmacology. 2013;8(1):40-3.doi:10.3329/bjp.v8i1.13034
10. Karthik Dhananjayan, Arunachalam Sumathy, Sivanandy Palanisamy. Molecular Docking Studies and in-vitro Acetylcholinesterase Inhibition by Terpenoids and Flavonoids. Asian J. Research Chem. 6(11): 2013 Nov; 1011-1017.
11. Shravani S. Pawar, Sachin H. Rohane. Review on Discovery Studio: An important Tool for Molecular Docking. Asian J. Research Chem. 2021; 14(1):86-88.
12. Uday MS, Sachin H. Rohane. Efficiency of AUTODOCK: Insilico study of Pharmaceutical Drug Molecules. Asian J. Research Chem. 2021; 14(1):92-96.
13. ChandakaMadhu, K. Hindu, Sudeepthi CD, Maneela P, Venkat KR, BhagyaSree B. Anti Ulcer Activity of Aqueous Extract of Aegle marmelosLeaves on Rats. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2(4): Oct. - Dec. 2012; 132-135.
14. Dhanaraj T.S., Murugaiah K., Sarmila. Antiulcer Activity of Mukiamadera sapatana on Stress Induced in Rats. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2(2): April-June 2012; 52-54.
15. Mohammad MGK, Atul AS. New, Sensitive, Simple and Validated Stability Indicating TLC/Densitometric Method for the Estimation of Anti-Ulcer Drug Mesalamine in Bulk and Tablet Formulation. Asian J. Research Chem. 2018; 11(6):871-875.
16. Anosike CA, Obidoa O, Nwodo O Fredrick C., Joshua Parker Elijah. Anti-Ulcerogenic and Membrane Stabilization Effect of Ethanol Extract of Coconut (Cocos nucifera). Research J. Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 2010; 2(1): 85-88.
17. Mohana Rupa Alapaka, Sreeja Arava, Yamini Popuri, Lavanya Thummala, Madhusha Manda, Vamsi Krishna Reddy Penubolu, Afsar Shaik. A Glimpse on Herbal Anti-ulcer Agents. Res. J. Pharmacognosy and Phytochem. 2019; 11(2):97-106.
18. PooniaLalita, Singh Gajendra Kamal, Nagori Badri Prakash. Anti-ulcer activity of Cleome viscose Linn. against gastric ulcer in rats. Research J. Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 2013; 5(3): 115-118.
19. Alefe NM. Evaluation of antiulcer activity of 80% methanol extract and solvent fractions of the root of Croton macrostachyus Hocsht: ex del. (Euphorbiaceae) in rodents. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2020 Apr 09; 1-11. doi: 10.1155/2020/2809270.
20. Neelima N, Sudhakar M, Patil MB, Lakshmi BV. Anti-ulcer activity and HPTLC analysis of Mangifera indica L. leaves. International J. Pharmaceutical and Phytopharmacological Research. 2012;1(4):146-55.
21. Hussain M, Hazarika I, Das A. Pylorus ligation induced gastric ulcer protection by Sesamum indicum ethanolic seed extract. Research & Reviews: A J. Pharmaceutical Science. 2015;6(3):42-9.
22. Zewdu WS, Aragaw TJ. Evaluation of the anti-ulcer activity of hydromethanolic crude extract and solvent fractions of the root of Rumex nepalensis in rats. J. Experimental Pharmacology. 2020; 12:325. doi: 10.2147/JEP.S258586